[Tango-A] MISC: Introducing Register2Dance.com

Jim Hudson jim at register2dance.com
Sat Jul 26 17:14:55 EDT 2008

For those of you that organize events, Register2Dance.com (http://www.register2dance.com
) is a new online tool that can help you manage event registration.
Please feel free to see if it's right for your events!

What is Register2Dance.com?
Register2Dance.com is an online tool that allows you to easily accept
online payments for all of your dance events.  This tool also allows
you to record offline payments, so that you can have centralized
reports of all of your event details.  Designed explicitly for dance
organizers, Register2Dance.com takes into account the unique nature of
this business.

Features:
     * 	Online Registration
	Easily create webpages for online registration.  Your dancers pay you
through Amazon.com.

     *	Manual Registration
	Even if your dancers do not pay with Register2Dance.com, you can
still maintain all
	of your event records in one central place.

     * 	Automatic Confirmation Emails
	Automatically send confirmation messages when someone registers for
your event.
	Or manually send confirmations, if you prefer.

     * 	Class Roster
	View or print up-to-date rosters for your events.

     * 	Email Lists
	Send email messages to event participants without creating separate
email lists.

     *	Income and Expense Management
	In addition to registration income, enter other event income/expenses
to generate
	a consolidated report of all event finances.  View yearly reports to
make tax time easier.

     *	Other features?
	Register2Dance.com is always improving.  If there's a feature that
you need for your
	business, let me know (jim at register2dance.com) and I'll see what I
can do.

How much does it cost?
Whenever some registers online for your event, Register2Dance.com
charges a 5% + $0.50 fee.  You can choose to pay this fee yourself or
pass it on to your customers.  This fee pays for all credit card
processing charges, so there are no hidden fees to receive your
money.  All other features of Register2Dance.com are available for no
charge.

What's the history of Register2Dance.com?
Several years ago, I created an online registration system for Tango
Rio's events in Atlanta.  Over time, we added more and more features
to make our lives easier.  Register2Dance.com extends this system, and
makes it available to other dance organizers.  We recently beta tested
the system for Gustavo & Giselle Anne's visit to Atlanta, and now it's
ready for all of you to begin using it.  The system is still new,
though, so I welcome feedback on how to improve it.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
Write me at jim at register2dance.com.

I hope that you'll find that Register2Dance.com becomes an invaluable
tool for running your dance business.

Thanks,
Jim

jim at register2dance.com