[Tango-A] NA-E: Northeast Federation of Tango Organizations!

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 12:03:57 EST 2008

HOLA TANGO CAMPADRES & FELLOW ORGANIZERS!

After booking Argentine tango artists for Woodstock Tango for the past 4
years, and seeing the growth of small communities popping up everywhere,
I have become interested in putting my 27 years of experience as an
events-festival producer/organizer to good use to put together something
we are calling the /Northeast Federation of Tango Organizations
(NEFTO!)./...to help organizers afford to bring talented artists from
BsAs( & other areas)  to our communities. It's in the formative
stage...but so far, receiving lots of support and encouragment so we are
moving ahead.
Specifics need to be worked out of course, but this missive is to
determine how many of us are interested in participating in such a
venture. The goal is to make it more affordable for organizers to host
great dancer/teachers, to be able to showcase the best of Argentine
Tango in our communities, and to help emerging and established artists
find new audiences ( and yes, to help us all be better dancers!).
It may be as simple as sharing the skeds of visiting artists or may work
on an annual dues paradigm...let's see where this take us!  Please let
me know if you have any interest  and we'll go from there.
dance tango for peace!
all best,
Ilene

Ilene Marder