[Tango-A] NA-SA: 2008 CHICAGO MINI TANGO FESTIVAL - APRIL 18-20, 2008

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 12:23:26 EST 2008

2008 CHICAGO MINI TANGO FESTIVAL

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the 2008
Chicago Mini Tango Festival website
(www.chicagotangofestival.com) has been updated.  The
Festival will be from April 18-20, 20087. Pre-festival
workshops will also be held on Thursday, April 17,
2008. The instructors for the Chicago Mini Tango
Festival include Silvina Valz and Oliver Kolker
(Buenos Aires), Alicia Pons (Buenos Aires), and Monica
Paz and Nestor La Vitola (Buenos Aires). Djs include
Robin Thomas from New York, Robert Hauk from Portland,
Ramji V from Ann Arbor and Ilene Marder from
Woodstock, New York.

To view some videos of Silvina and Oliver's
performances go to:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wDJKTMWVLM4;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9oOFFpLlN2o;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SIrUCuPe2XE; or
http://youtube.com/watch?v=joj5V3IQAjQ.

For more information regarding Alicia Pons, please go
to:
http://www.aliciapons.com.ar/ home-ingles. htm

For more information regarding Monica Paz and Nestor
La Vitola Please go to www.tangopormilongueros.com .
You can also see some of their performances at:
http://tangopormilongueros.com/gallery.php# and
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uOs6_PlKLnE /

The festival will consist of three days of workshops
and five milongas at the University of Chicago in the
classic Hyde Park section of Chicago. There will also
be Master Classes during the festival – separate
reservations will be required.

The website will be updated for more new and exciting
information during the coming weeks.

Pricing & Registration

Take special note of our pricing discounts for early,
early bird registration that ends on February 15th.
For pricing and registration information, please go
to:

http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php

Schedule
For the schedule and information on private classes
please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php

Locations
For locations and directions to the events, please go
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Location.php

Air Travel & Car Rental

Please note that we have arranged for discounted
airfares on American Airlines to either Midway Airport
(airport code: MDW) or Ohare International Airport
(airport code: ORD). We have also arranged for
discounted rentals on Avis car rentals. For further
details go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Air_Travel_
Car_Rental.php

Lodging

There are several lodging alternatives, including a
variety of rooms at the International House at the
University of Chicago and also the possibility of
getting a room at the Ramada Inn in Hyde
Park. For more information on lodging options, please
go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php

If there are individuals in the Chicagoland area who
are willing to house an out of town guest please let
us know by emailing us at
lessons at chicagotangofestival.com

Contact Information

For more information on the Chicago Mini Tango
Festival go to www.chicagotangofestival.com or contact
Ray Barbosa at info at chicagotangofestival.com

Please forward the above information to you're your
friends. If they would like to subscribe to our
mailing list, please have them send an email to
info at chicagotangofestival.com or have them
subscribe to the Chicago Tango Festival yahoo website
at ChicagoTangoFestival-subscribe at yahoogroups.com .
Looking forward to seeing you at our Festival in
April.

Take care,

Ray Barbosa