[Tango-A] NA-C: Tango Milonguero Fest 2/29-3/2 Urbana IL: Discount Deadline (2/23), Instructor Evaluations & more

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 15:26:52 EST 2008

Central Tango Milonguero Festival
 Feb 29 - Mar 2
 Phillips Recreation Center
 505 W Stoughton
 Urbana IL

 Instructors:

 Alicia Pons (Buenos Aires) & Robert Hauk (Portland OR)
 - teaching together in 4 workshops (real Buenos Aires tango milonguero
 experience!!)
  ONLY pairing of Alicia & Robert as co-instructors in Alicia's 2008
 Midwest tour
 - Alicia's Women's technique workshop (tranforms women's expression)
 - Robert's Men's technique workshop based on videos of milongueros
  (double dose of great role models for men dancing tango milonguero)

 Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel (Germany)
 - ONLY Midwest stop in their 2008 US Tour
 - 3 workshops on musicality, 3 on technique & improvisation
 - The rave in Europe, now in the US!!
 - See their great Portland Valentango evaluations below!!

 Full Festival Details:

 http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/2008CentralTangoFestHomePage.htm

 - for Private Lessons: Contact us immediately. Weekend slots are going fast!

 Advance Registration Discount Deadline: Mon Feb 23 (postmarked)
 - If you haven't already done so, mail in your registration by Monday
 2/23 (postmarked) to receive discounts
 - Best Deal: Weekend Pass $120 ($60 students), > 200 mi. $100 ($50 students)
 includes 7 sessions including 13 workshops + 2 milongas (Fri & Sat evening)
 - Instructor performances at Saturday milonga
 - If you would like housing with local tangueros, contact us immediately

 We are already expecting many dancers from Illinois, Indiana,
 Missouri, Iowa, and Wisconsin. We always get a great mix of great
 dancers from all around the Midwest at our festivals.

 NEWS ALERT!! Just in, Evaluations of Melina & Detlef from Portland
 Valentango festival last weekend

 http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=sP1ofI4KAbWbYRAGy91alCOQIFP3gccHUDC4GAmL15w_3d

 Excellent Rating: 68.6% (highest of all instructors)

 List below are ALL comments on Melins & Detlef:

 Detlef & Melina proved to be extraordinary, both as dancers, teachers,
 and people. They went above and beyond and their efforts (handouts!).
 Their understand and explain the mechanics of the dance in a way I've
 never experienced before. Bring them back!

 Melina and Detlef's musicality class opens a new whole avenue to me.

 I think Melina and Detlef's performance was an important one.

 Melina and Detlev's analysis of the biomechanics of the tango walk was
 fascinating. Definitely appreciated the detail and clarity.

 Melina & Deltleff's classes on musicality were amazing. Rather than
 the typical focus on rhythmic variations, they focused on the
 emotional quality of the music and taught specific techniques for
 expressing that quality through the walk. They also taught an elegant
 sequence at the end of Sunday's class showing how to integrate the
 concepts and techniques they were teaching into a "step." I hope they
 become regulars in Portland, both at festivals and doing workshops.

 Don't miss out on some of the best tango milonguero available in the
 Midwest US. Send in your Advance registration form by Monday
 (postmarked 2/23) to get discounts.

 Ron & Susana

Tango Society of Central Illinois
 Urbana IL