[Tango-A] NA-E: DC milongas DJ DAVID LIU, Thursday and Saturday

DayLightPix daylightpix at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 17:03:35 EST 2008

Washington DC

This week, in addition to the milonga at Women's Club of Bethesda,

I'll be Djing this Thursday at the fundraiser TANGO FOR PEACE, and also Saturday at Viviana Tango's Milonga Portenia held at Du Shor Dance studio. Hope to see you there!

Details on Thursday's milonga below.

David Liu
http://www.daylightpix.com/tangoloungearchive.html

--------------
Dear Friends,

TANGO FOR PEACE milonga will happen once again Thursday night December 18th, at the PeaceMural Foundation, 3336 M St. in Georgetown, 9-12.

We had such a great time on a very rainy and cold night that Huong, the artist, and PeaceMural Foundation invited us back. We hope to raise funds to help Huong take her message of peace to many communities.

Come and see impressive art by Huong and dance in a very special place. Ask people who came to the fundraiser on December 11 about the place and fantastic time they had at the milonga. Exhibit itself is incredible: do not miss it. Donations are welcomed. Visit: www.peacemural.org for details.

--------------
Parking & Metro
--------------
Below is information on transportation and parking. Please double check running schedule of buses and metro trains.

FYI: Parking - M street meters are in effect until 10pm. Free after 10. If you park on side streets, please read the signs, most of them are for 2 hours. There were plenty of parking spaces last Thursday night. If you park on K St., under the bridge, it is a block or two walk, 5-10min, there were many spaces available.

Via Metro:

Take Metro Orange/Blue Line to Rosslyn (Virginia) opposite Georgetown on other side of Potomac River. Then either of the following:
A. Walk 15 minutes:  Exit Metro Station and walk down Moore Street, turn right at 19th Street, then left on Lynn St and walk across Francis Key Bridge; Turn right onto M Street and go one block to the Gallery;
B. From the Rosslyn Metro Station, ride the Georgetown Metro Connector Bus
<http://www.georgetowndc.com/getting-here/shuttle>http://www.georgetowndc.com/getting-here/shuttle
C. From the Rosslyn Metro Station, ride the 38B Metro Bus into Georgetown, exit first stop on M Street;

                      OR

Take Orange/Blue Line to Foggy Bottom
Exit Foggy Bottom Metro Station and walk 1 block north to Washington Circle; walk toward the right side of the Circle and look for the “DC Circulator” bus stop heading west toward Georgetown at K Street/Washington Circle.
Exit the “DC Circulator” at Wisconsin and M Street, walk three blocks west to the Peace Mural Gallery at 3336 M Street.

Metro Buses into Into Georgetown from Dupont Circle / P Street:
Take the D2, D3, or D6 and exit at Wisconsin Ave; walk down to M Street, we are between 33rd and 34th Street.

Please support this wonderful exhibit and artist's quest for peace.

Much love,
Eugenia