[Tango-A] 2nd Houston Tango Festival January 22-25, 2009!

Christina Levin krisya00 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 01:34:29 EST 2008

Dear Friends,

Join us for the second annual Houston Tango Festival in January 22-25, 2009! Your support, feedback and encouragement after last year’s festival inspired us and our community. The theme for No. 2 is love. You get to express, share, fall into, admire, inspire, try, resist, pursue, avoid, define love. Whichever you choose, we want you to do it with all your heart, on and off the dance floor.

This year we are excited to offer a special Master Class Series for advanced couples taught by Horacio Godoy & Cecilia Garcia. We will also offer a Tango Immersion course for beginners taught by Ector Gutierrez. More details below!

Late bird registration ends January 12, 2009!

Register at: http://www.houstontangofestival.com/registration.html

About Houston Tango Festival (Jan. 22-25, 2009)
-over 20 workshops with special class for tango teachers, yoga classes for tango dancers and an immersion weekend for beginners
- 6 milongas and practicas (over 26 hours of dancing)
- Fantastic Glovertango Orchestra on Friday Night
- Performances by Teachers
- Beautiful Rice University location near world class Art Museums and Galleries

Teachers
Brigitta Winkler (Berlin)
Tomas Howlin (BsAs/Montreal)
Cecilia Gonzalez (BsAs)
Donato Juarez (BsAs)
Javier Rochwarger (BsAs) w/ Monica Caivano (Austin)
Tova & Carlos Moreno (Boston)

Special Master Classes
Horacio Godoy & Cecilia Garcia (BsAs)

Immersion Tango Workshop for Beginners
Ector Gutierrez (Baton Rouge/New Orleans)

DJs
Shorey Meyers (San Francisco)
Ramu Pyreddy (Philadelphia/DC)
Vijay Namasivayam (San Francisco)
Avik Basu (Ann Arbor)
Jason Laughlin (North Carolina)
Yulia Kriskovets (DC)

Orquesta
Glovertango (Austin)

Yoga
Andrew Dugas (Eugene)

Festival Pricing
-Full pass $150 (late bird by 01.12.09), $180 at the door.
-6 Milongas pass $70 (late bird by 01.12.09), $80 at the door.
-Full day pass $80 (late bird by 01.12.09), $100 at the door.
-Beginner full day pass (4 classes plus practica) $50, (late bird by 01.12.09), $80 at the door.
-Full time students with ID’s get 50% off the door prices for passes.

For more information on location and lodging details, please visit our website at: www.houstontangofestival.com

We are looking forward to meeting and dancing with you!

Love,
Houston Tango Festival Team