[Tango-A] NA-E: Pepito Avellaneda Month at STAT

School of Traditional Tango statnyc at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 11:55:32 EDT 2008

This month will be Pepito Avellaneda month at the School of Traditional Argentine Tango. In honor of this great Maestro, we will dedicate all classes to him and through video projections teach his unique style of milonga lisa and vals. The cadence of is dance as well as a number of his most used figures will be explored in depth.

Pepito Avellaneda is considered to be the greatest master of milonga dance that ever lived. He trained all the best professional and social dancers of the 1980s and 1990s including Carlos Copello, Alicia Monti, Miguel Angel Zotto, Milena Plebs, Guillermina Quiroga, Omar Vega, and Gustavo Naveira among many others.

Don't miss this great opportunity to see rare films of this great maestro and learn his secrets!

Fridays in the month of August
8 to 9 PM
CHELSEA STUDIOS, 151 W 26th st, 5th fl, NYC, NY 10001
By Anton Gazenbeek and Sergio Segura

also on Fridays
7-8pm: Smart Follower practica

Class #1
In the SMART FOLLOWER Practica you will learn in the old Buenos Aires system in which women learned from men the secrets of following, body control, posture, elegance, precision, axis & balance, and strong and sharp embellishments properly placed in the dance. The best female dancers such as Milena Plebs, Guillermina Quiroga, Vanina Bilous were trained by men (mainly Todaro) and Todaro's techniques will be a main principle in this class. Don't miss this chance to really improve your dancing and learn in a fun environment with other followers! Men followers are welcome.
Leaders FREE the last 20 min.(7:40)

Class #2
After the Smart Followers Practica we will have a MILONGA LISA AND VALS CRIOLLO only class in which we will teach all the secrets of the great milonga maestros such as Pepito Avellaneda and Lampazo. Musicality and music interpretation will be a main concept in the classes as well as the structure of the dance.

See you there!

Mondays
7 PM to 8 PM Strictly Traditional Tango
8 PM to 9 PM Practica
CHELSEA STUDIOS, 151 W 26th st, 5th fl, NYC, NY 10001

Tuesdays
The Leader's Practica
La Boca @ Iguana Restaurant
240 W 54th st. 2nd fl.
Leaders’ Practica: Tuesdays 6:30 – 7:00pm All Levels
$12 or 5 practicas for $50
FOLLOWERS COME FREE from 7:40 to 8:00 PM!

SPECIAL SUMMER COMBOS
Two courses $110 (Save up to $40)
Three courses $150 (Save up to $60)
Four courses $190 (Save up to $80)

AT:
Chelsea Studios, 151W 26th st. 5th fl., 10001
More info: 917-373-7446/7444

School of Traditional Argentine Tango
WWW.STATNYC.COM
917-373-7446 / 917-373-7444