[Tango-A] NA-E: Workshop with Shulman & Griffiths and SUMMER FLING

studio tango montreal info at studiotango.ca
Mon Aug 4 20:12:49 EDT 2008

This Wednesday August 6th - Sunday August 9th (FLING WEEKEND)
studio TANGO montreal is happy to welcome back  to Montreal
REBECCA SHULMAN with EVAN GRIFFITHS
classes for intermediate and advanced tango dancers

REBECCA SHULMAN has been teaching tango for 17 years and is internationally
regarded as one of the most influential teachers and dancers of our current
times. She is known for the clarity of her lead, the lightness of her
follow, her articulate teaching and musical expressiveness. Students
everywhere seek Rebecca's clear instruction on improvisation, technique,
adornments and musicality. In the 1990's Rebecca along with Daniel Trenner
ignited the growth of many tango communities in North America as a result of
their inspiring teaching; many teachers in NY, Montreal and across North
America have studied with Rebecca. Rebecca is the coordinator of the US'
most extensive tango program at Dance Manhattan in NY, where she teaches and
where she has been hosting their popular Monday night milonga for more than
12 years.

EVAN GRIFFITHS is an emerging North American talent. A versatile dancer with
extraordinary musicality, Evan is enthusiatically praised across the US for
his fluid and dynamic qualities and for his richly textured dance. He is
equally versatile in both the close and open dance frames, and dancing both
lead and follow. Evan is often invited to teach, perform, play piano and DJ
at North America's most prestigious tango festivals and has given workshops
throughout the US, and in Berlin. An accomplished pianist, Evan plays
regularly with the Portland based Tango Berretin orchestra, teaches tango
music to musicians, has directed various festival tango orchestras and often
DJs as well.

For more info about Evan, Rebecca and the workshop that they will be giving:
http://www.studiotango.ca/page19.html

AND not to be missed !!!!
our 2nd Montreal Summer Tango FLING
Saturday, August 9th, 2008
9:00 pm until the wee hours.....
A tango night filled with fun, tango friends from Montreal and from out of
town ........and a few surprises !

Two DJ's (yeah !!!!)
Our own Tomas Howlin and Adam Hoopengardner from NY
12$, projet tango members and workshop participants:  $10

Le fling in a nutshell:
We have quite a few out of towners planning to travel to Montreal for the
weekend of August 8th-10th. The idea is to just basically go out and have a
good time . We want to show our friends from out of town what makes Montreal
such a great tango destination.
On Friday,Aug. 8th and Sunday Aug. 10th we will go to a couple of the city's
best regular milongas and on Saturday, August 9th we will be hosting a
special all nighter at our place. Come and join us !
http://www.studiotango.ca/page25tml