[Tango-A] NA-C:Meet in the Middle Sept 19-21

Karen Whitesell kglass02 at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 4 14:17:00 EDT 2008

Hello tango friends,

Meet in the Middle in Mt Vernon MO is getting some good response.  It's all
about meeting friends and dancing close.  It's all about practice, practice,
and learning new tricks of the trade.  We have volunteers on hand to make
sure we have a great tango experience.  We have participants from KC, Tulsa,
Little Rock, Champaign, St Louis, Houston, Denver, Fayetteville, Atlanta,
close friends, and far away friends.

We'll enjoy DJs Kathy McGeeney, Michael Tennant, and Pete Wilcox.

We'll need volunteers to perform throughout the day on Sat Sept 20.  In the
streets, around the square, and our Arts Festival chairman wants some in the
grocery store!  It's all for the "Not So Square Arts Festival" going on that
day. So far we have booths from 40 artists.  We'll perform and dance for the
public as a group Sat night in the park.  It's an amphitheater, built in the
30's with the concrete seating all around.  The Arts Council of Mt Vernon
has purchased us a dance floor for the park, 1000 sq feet, so we need to
fill it.

Location:  Murray's Vintage Venue and Karen's Glass Studio.  All in one
building, it's my house. See www.thelearningdepot.com/murrays-1

Cost:  It's a Free Festival, but cost of food, soft drinks, and snacks is
$50.  If you just come for milongas you can donate toward the utilities.

Schedule:
Friday:  Sept 19 Early Bird Milonga 2-6 pm, dinner 7:00 pm, Milonga 9-12
midnight.

Saturday:  Brunch 10-12pm, Practica A 12-2 pm,  Ice cream truck 2:00 pm, 3-5
pm Practica B, 6-7 dinner, dancing in the park 8:00, Performance 9:00 pm.
Milonga back at Murray's till ???

Sunday:  Brunch 10-12.  Practica C 12-2 pm, ice cream truck 2:00 pm,
Practica D 3-5, Dinner 6pm, Farewell Milonga 8-???

Motels:  Super 8 417-461-0230, $54.00, Comfort Inn 417-466-4511, $73, both,
plus tax.

Mail your $50 to
Karen Whitesell, 202 S Hickory, Mt Vernon MO 65712
417-471-1001
kglass02 at centurytel.net

Ladies, singles are always welcome, but try to bring a partner if you can.
Men, please help with the gender crises. We need you.

If you're planning to come, please call/respond right away.  I need to plan
the catering. 417-471-1001

Hope to see you here for a cool Sept 19-21.

Karen