[Tango-A] From Bs.As. to VT, Sept12-14th: Ariel y Lorena

TangoVermont@aol.com TangoVermont at aol.com
Sat Aug 2 19:13:19 EDT 2008

'Moonlight in Vermont' Tango Weekend, Sept.12-14th, 2008 in the Historic
Brandon Inn, Vermont.
24 workshops -  6 times at 4 different levels, 2 milongas with DJ Richard
Lipkin and dancer from Montreal, Boston, NYC and all over New England and beyond.
Visit 'TangoVermont.com' for info.
We are happy to present Ariel and Lorena from Buenos Aires. We met them at
the Chicago festival last year and were impressed with there dancing and
teaching!
Ariel Barrionuevo and Lorena Gasse are known to the tango community for their
profound sense of joy in their dancing. They have their own dance company in
Argentina and have delighted audiences and students worldwide with their
unique interpretations. Ariel Barrionuevo began his career in dance in 1982,
studying Argentine folk dance and Latin American dance. Since 1996, he has partnered
with Lorena Gasse and the couple has been giving independent performances as
well as participating with several dance companies in Cordoba, Argentina,
including the Great Argentine Ballet, the Popular Dance Group and the Latin Blood
Company, with which they toured to Havana, Cuba and Santiago, Chile. In 2003,
Ariel and Lorena participated in the most prestigious Argentine folkloric
festival in Cosquin, Cordoba. In 2005 they were the finalists in a worldwide tango
competition and were also awarded the prize for the Most Promising New Dance
Couple. In that same year they began working for the Secretary of Art and
Culture of the National University of Rio Cuarto, presenting shows and offering
workshops.

"Once again the Moonlight in Vermont Tango was a total success. We
particularly enjoyed the tango demonstrations by all the talented teachers, the lovely
dinner and wines. What a wonderful way to start a new season! Our sincere
thanks to you and Gisela. Nicole & Larry from Montreal 2007"