[Tango-A] NA-W: Gustavo & Giselle return to Boulder for Colorado TangoEncuentro(tm) 2008 festival - Seminar registrations open, limited enrollment!

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Fri Apr 25 21:19:49 EDT 2008

Dear Tango Aficionados,

Dance of the Heart is thrilled to announce the return of “los maestros de
los maestros”, tango legends GUSTAVO NAVEIRA and GISELLE ANNE to Boulder,
Colorado for the second annual “Colorado TangoEncuentro(tm)” festival in
July-August 2008!

Gustavo and Giselle will be our guests as "artists-in-residence" in Boulder
from Tuesday July 22nd through Monday August 4th.  Classes will be held from
11am-1pm and from 2pm-4pm most days.  The primary venue for most events will
again be Boulder’s incomparable 7000 s.f. Avalon ballroom, designed and
built by social dancers explicitly for social dancing.

We encourage COUPLES ONLY to register ASAP for the 20-hour “Seminar Week”
from Tuesday July 22nd through Sunday July 27. We do not find you a partner,
although on our website we maintain a list of people who are searching for
partners.  Please contact us to have your name and email inserted into this
list.

The cost is US$560 per person until June 1st, after which the price goes up
to $595.  Full information is on the website at www.danceoftheheart.com
under “TangoEncuentro™ 2008”.  After only five days of registrations, we are
already at 35% full!

For many, the dancing of Gustavo & Giselle helps to remind them of why they
dance tango.  Unlike the tango stars who have risen to international
prominence primarily due to their presence in large touring tango stage
productions, Gustavo and Giselle have reached the pinnacle of worldwide
tango success because of the changes they have inspired in the minds and
hearts of those who work with them and learn from them.

More than twenty years ago, Gustavo served his tango apprenticeship and
“received his diploma” from both renowned teachers like Rodolfo Dinzel and
the old now-departed milongueros like Miguel Balmaceda and Puppi Castello.
These “viejos milongueros” forced Gustavo to earn their respect the
old-fashioned way, by putting him through his paces on the floors of classic
Buenos Aires milongas that exist now only in memory. At the same time, in
the company of young “tango investigators” like Fabian Salas and Mariano
“Chicho” Frumboli, Gustavo started charting a course to tango mastery that
combined the durability of tango tradition withs a forward-looking approach
to analyzing the structure of tango that changed its foundations forever.

Meanwhile, Giselle had been carving her own arc through the tango
stratosphere, creating a truly stellar tango resume, mostly in Europe, where
she founded and subsequently directed her own tango school in Seville, Spain
for seven years.  In the ten years since they became partners, Gustavo and
Giselle have taken tango dancing to a point of refinement that most of us
have only dreamt about.  Dancing at a level that transcends and includes all
designations of “style”, these two share with us the fire they find at the
common core of tango in brilliantly clear, gently humorous, yet powerfully
affecting tango encounters that leave the participants clamoring for more.
Speaking of their appearance last year in Dusseldorf, Germany, renowned
tango dancer, teacher and European tango pioneer Brigitta Winkler said of
their dancing “
he rips out his heart and throws it to you
anyone who cares
about tango must see them dance.”  We're very grateful for the opportunity
to collaborate so closely with them in sharing their treasure with all of
you.

Of course, in addition to the fantastic seminar experience, AND in addition
to just BEING in the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains in the
summer, look forward to a full menu of practicas, milongas, presentations,
and other tasty tango treats – including “DJ Gustavo” and “DJ Giselle”
taking their turns at the DJ table – and other surprises we can’t take the
lid off yet!

Please visit our website at www.danceoftheheart.com and select the link for
“Colorado TangoEncuentro™ 2008” for complete information, as well as
credit-card payment options through Paypal.

If this sounds like YOUR kind of tango event, don’t wait too long – spaces
are filling rapidly!

BUT WHAT IF I DON”T HAVE A PARTNER?
Don’t despair – for the SECOND week of the Encuentro, from July 28th through
August 4th, we’ll be offering a full week of workshops with Gustavo &
Giselle that do NOT require a full-time partner (although you are welcome to
partner someone if you like).  We expect to release details in the next two
weeks.  Please send a reply email if you want to be kept informed of the
workshop schedule and registration opportunities.  As with the seminar,
those on our mailing list will get advance notice of registration
opportunities.

See you in July!

Brian Dunn & Deb Sclar
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, CO USA
303-938-0716
www.danceoftheheart.com
“Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time”