[Tango-A] SA: Hay Fiesta en el Conventillo de Lujo

Amy and Ray amyandray at wowway.com
Wed Sep 26 16:23:22 EDT 2007

We will have an Open House at our at our Conventillo de Lujo in Buenos Aires on October 21st, 2007.   We will celebrate 14 years of tango in Michigan.  You are invited!

In 1993 we founded the Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit.  At that time Argentine tango was unknown in Michigan.  Now our Club is some 350 strong and tango is available in the Detroit Metropolitan area every night of the week.  Over the years we have effected a cultural exchange by bringing tango professors on a regular basis from Buenos Aires to teach for our Club and at least once per year taking groups to Buenos Aires and other provinces to experience the rich culture and traditions of Argentina.  Two years ago we opened our own Bed and Breakfast in Buenos Aires, Conventillo de Lujo.

We would like to extend a special invitation to all  the professional tangueros with whom we have worked over the 14 year life of our Club, many of whom may be on this list.  At the end of this note is the rather impressive list.

Please join us in an evening of asado, vino, and tango.  We will begin at 5:00pm.   The party will be continuous with dancing in the atrium and asado on the rooftop terrace, "El Patio de la Marocha".   We play lots of tango along with chacareras, zambas, and malambos.   Enjoy and evening with the gauchos.  We have invited  Hugo Daniel Gonzalez and Aurora Lubiz.  Unfortunately  "Los Ocampo" will not be in Buenos Aires on that date.  Omar and Monica have been ambassadors for Conventillo de Lujo around the world since we opened.

As honored guests for the evening we will invite, Juan Carlos Copes, Maria Nieves, and the Zotto brothers.  We hope that Fabian Salas be able to join us.  Fabian taught many workshops for us for a number of years, particularly during the formation of our Club.  We consider him a founding member and mentor of our Club.

Please join us anytime during the evening that is convenient for you.

Conventillo de Lujo
Benjamin Matienzo 2696 (Corner of Amenabar)
Buenos Aires 1426
(Take the D-line to Carranza or Olleros - Cabildo 300)

We look forward to seeing you and October 21st.

The following note is from Susana, Amy's sister, and our manger of Conventillo de Lujo.

"HAY   FIESTA  EN   EL  CONVENTILLO."................

Tengo el grato honor de invitarte al festejo de los 14 años de vida del "Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit ".
Cuando?   El día 22 de Octubre de 2007
Dónde ?    En el Conventillo de Lujo. Matienzo 2696 Capital.
A qué Hora ? Desde las 16 hs...y hasta que desees quedarte a compartir éste "open house",donde, el asado en la nueva terraza "El patio de la morocha",la danza,en el salón del "Tango Bar",la buena música y los re-encuentros estarán presente.
Sorprenderemos a Amy y Ray,que estarán llegando con su grupo de amigos"Los Motor City Milongueros", como lo hacen anualmente, desde aquel lejano 1993,cuando,con algunos videos de Juan Carlos Copes,de Pepito o de Eduardo y con su experiencia de "milonguera argentina", Amy empezara con el Tango en Michigan,hasta ese momento totalmente desconocido,y lograra convertirse en verdadera embajadora del Tango Argentino en esas latitudes.
Entonces.....te espero......sos parte de este intercambio cultural,y de esta gran familia tanguera.!!......

Cordialmente:  Susana

Following is the list of tango and folklore professors who have taught classes for us since 1993.  Hopefully we have not missed anyone.

Eddie Dorfer & Mercedes Colon
Fabian Salas
Cynthia Zebergs
Cecilia del Carmen Gonzales
Loreen Arbus
Angel Garcia Clemente
Rosa Collantes
Guillermo Merlo & Fernanda Ghi
Mariela Franganillo
Nito & Elba Garcia
Claudio Orso
Graciela Caló
Daniel Lapadula
Osvaldo Zotto
Lorena Ermocida
Lori Burton
Jorge Vidoni
Leonel Nivodia
Marcela Duran
Andrea Misse
Vanesa de Lío
Gabriel Misse
Leandro Palou
Maria Sol Alzamora
Diego Amorin
Francisco Santapá
Hugo Daniel Gonzalez
Silvia Céspedes
Carolina del Rio
Claudio Fortes
Mariana Gonzalo
Gustavo Funes
Anton Gazenbeek
Natalie Laruccia
Facundo & Kely Posadas
Alberto Paz & Valorie Hart
Laura Brondo
Diana Sanchez Benitez
Tate DiChiazza
Agustina Videla & Claudio Aspera
Colette Herbert & Richard Council
Guillermina Quiroga
Claudio Villagra
Alejandra Almenti
Samuel Alverez
Daniel Juarez
Fabian Peralta
Dario Mongelos
Eduardo Tapia

We would like to mention in loving memory, Paul Milligan, Carlos Gavito, and Alberto Toledano.  We hope they are with us that evening in spirit.

Amy and Ray
Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit
http://www.MotorCityMilongueros.com
Conventillo de Lujo