[Tango-A] NA-E: Nashville Composer Debuts Original Tango, Meets Argentine Composer at 'Tango by Moonlight'

Tango Nashville connect at tangonashville.com
Tue Sep 25 03:03:40 EDT 2007

Nashville, Tennessee, USA - On Friday, September 28, 2007, award winning
Nashville Composer Scott Hallgreen will debut La última llamada (Last Call),
at the 7th presentation of ‘Tango by Moonlight’, to take place from 7 to 10
pm at the Event Shelter in Centennial Park. The event is free and open to
the public, and is co-sponsored by Metro Parks.

Hallgren composed the Tango for Tango Nashville, a nonprofit dedicated to
the education and entertainment of residents of Nashville and Middle
Tennessee in the art and culture of the Argentine Tango. The new musical
work has been choreographed by Tango Nashville’s Artistic Director, MariaPia
De Pasquale, and will be performed by dancers of Tango Nashville’s Troupe.

An award winning composer of numerous indie films, videogames and regional
commercial work, and a Board Member of the Nashville Composers Association,
Hallgreen is also a veteran of Nashville’s music scene. His extensive
credits are a “who’s who” in music, including Sir Elton John, Aaron Neville,
Donna Summer, and David Foster. Hallgreen is also the owner of Scootman
Music & Sound Design, which provides original and library music, sonic
branding, sound design and voiceovers for multimedia projects, including
video games, commercials, episodic TV, film scores, Flash media, live events
and web content.

“I’m very grateful for this privilege”, says Hallgren, “because it gives me
the opportunity to work with a unique organization and continue to promote
the creation and performance of original music works of all genres in
Nashville.” Hallgreen’s Tango can be heard on the home page of
www.scootmanmusic.com  <http://www.scootmanmusic.com/>
<http://www.scootmanmusic.com/>

‘Tango by Moonlight’ will also feature Argentine Composer Lucio Arce, who
will perform his Tangos at the event. A natural born musician, interpreter
and composer, Arce lived in California for almost 20 years, where he worked
as an advertising creative. A sudden career change in 1998, prompted him to
turn to composing and performing Tangos, and in 2003 he moved back to Buenos
Aires, Argentina, and in 2005 he released his first album first album,
Tangos inesperados (Unexpected Tangos), which had rave reviews and was
presented at The Conga Room in Los Angeles. A music video of his Tango La
fiesta de Camacho (Camacho’s Party) can be seen on his website at
www.lucioarce.com  <http://www.lucioarce.com/> <http://www.lucioarce.com/>

“I live and breathe the Tango,” says Arce, “and I am thrilled I will have
the opportunity to travel to Nashville for the first time, not only to
present my work, but to see THE city that lives and breathes music.”

Arce’s second album, ¿Trajiste la guitarra? (Did you bring your guitar?),
will be released in November 2007 through Fonocal.

‘Tango by Moonlight’ is a family-friendly event, featuring Tango live music
and dance performances, an introductory Argentine Tango class by Tango
Nashville’s own Artistic Director MariaPia De Pasquale, and guest dance
performances by a Salsa and a hip-hop group. This event is made possible
thanks in part to funding by the Tennessee Arts Commission, the National
Endowment for the Arts and the Metro Nashville Arts Commission.

For more information on Tango Nashville’s events and activities, please
visit www.tangonashville.com  <http://www.tangonashville.com/>
<http://www.tangonashville.com/>

###