[Tango-A] NA-E: Tangosutra Update- Early Registration Deadline Oct 1

Nancy Hirschhorn nhirschhorn at starpower.net
Mon Sep 24 00:20:39 EDT 2007

Here's an announcement from Shashin, the organizer of Tangosutra:

Hi Everyone,

A few quick things to announce about this year's festival:

Celine Allard and Sridhar Hannenhalli's class topics have been changed to
'Syncopation' and 'Shifting'.  Syncopation uses rhythm patterns to interpret
faster tangos. Shifting establishes unusual weight changes to create more
movement possibilities.

Very surprisingly, on-campus housing is almost full; we may have 1 room
left.

Currently we are discussing with Trinity University opening up another
hostel-style facility which would have a semi-private bathroom attached to
two rooms. Each room with two single beds, would be at a lower rate of $50
per night without linens.  Linens could be available for an additional
charge of $6.75 per person. Please let me know if you would be interested in
staying on campus in this situation, as we're still investigating to see if
this is feasible. Again this is a very good deal especially in DC, since
there are no other charges except for the flat rate of $50 per room per
night.

Mariana Galassi and Felipe Martinez are available for private lessons. If
you are interested in scheduling a private lesson please email
tangobarrio at mac.com.

Early registration deadline OCT 1!

http://www.tangobarrio.com/tangosutra.html

Cheers!