[Tango-A] NA-C: Oct. 19-21--Get close with Maxi!

Pauline Oo pauline at umn.edu
Wed Sep 19 14:15:19 EDT 2007

Dear tango dancer,

Earlier this year, we brought you El Pulpo--aka the Octopus. Now we
bring you Maxi, the young milonguero: Oct. 19-21 at Four Seasons
Dance Studio in downtown Minneapolis.

As a teacher, Maximiliano Gluzman (or Maxi, as he is fondly known)
emphasizes social tango--the tango that's danced solely for the
pleasure of the dancer and his or her partner, the tango that
abandons established canons and frees your body to better lead and
follow or interpret and connect with the music and your partner's
body.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19
Communication
9-10 p.m. All levels.
Pay at door: $18 (includes milonga after class)

Milonga 10 p.m.-1 a.m. Cost: $7 (or included with class)
Demo around 11 p.m.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20
Navigation on the dance floor
12-1:30 p.m. All levels.

The world of ochos
2-3:30 p.m. Intermediate.

Playing with the amague--rock step
4-5:30 p.m. Intermediate.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21
Uncommon, walked giros
1-2:30 p.m. Intermediate/advanced.

Alternate rhythmic patterns
3-4:30 p.m. Intermediate/advanced.

COST
All Saturday and Sunday workshops $90 or $20 each.
Register before Oct. 17 (price increases after to $110 or $25 each.)
Full-time students 20% off.

For REGISTRATION FORM and details about what you'll learn in each
class, e-mail ranja at umn.edu. Flyers are also available at Four
Seasons studio.

Organizers
Rebecca Abas, Pauline Oo, Ranja Yusuf, and Tricia & Ed Mucha