[Tango-A] NA-E: Bernardo Monk sold out!

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 12:34:55 EDT 2007

Querido amigos,
what a night.... It was a sell-out!
*/Thank you/* all for turning out in force - 200 strong - for Saturday's
Bernardo Monk Quintet extravaganza at the Bearsville Theater. The show
was dazzling- Bernardo, Octavio Brunetti, Sergio Reyes, Pedro Giraldo
and maestro Raul Jaurena performed an incredibily skillful, soulful and
satisfying concert that had people out of their seats wanting more.
Dario Da Silva and Claire Vivo reached new levels of grace and tango
intensity and the joy in their dance was a pleasure to behold.  (It
reminded us once again how much we will miss them when they move to Spain!)
The Quintet came back to the stage and played for the milonga for over
an hour, with the floor packed with
beautiful dancers, many from NYC, Albany and  surrounding areas. It was
the best turnout with the best dancers yet...so thank-you again for your
support and participation!

Woodstock Tango will not have a last Saturday milonga in September...
instead we will be heading to the Hudson Valley "Weekend with the
Maestro's", Sept. 28-30 at the Hudson Valley Resort, organized by Walter
Kane.
***http://www.nycdc.com/hvtango/workshops/AWEEKENDwiththeMAESTROS.pdf
<http://www.nycdc.com/hvtango/workshops/AWEEKENDwiththeMAESTROS.pdf>*

I'll be djing both nights and hope to see you there!
con abrazos,
/Ilene/