[Tango-A] NA-C: 4th Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta Nov 8-11 in Urbana IL: Details

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 12:17:33 EDT 2007

Less than 4 weeks until the 4th Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta in Urbana
IL (Thursday - Sunday November 8-11)!!

Advance Registration is open for the 4th Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta,
which promises to be our biggest and best Close Embrace Tango Fiesta yet.

Our talented guest instructors
- Hsueh-tse Lee (Boston)
- Christopher Nassopoulos & Caroline Peattie (San Francisco)
- Maximiliano Gluzman (Buenos Aires)
- Ramu Pyreddy (Washington DC)
are recognized nationally for their expertise and effectiveness in teaching
tango in close embrace.

There will be 3 simultaneous workshops to choose from in 5 sessions (Friday
evening, Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon).

There will also be a special 2 hr Early Bird workshop on Communication
Thursday, given by Hsueh-tze Lee.

In addition to 16 dance workshops to choose from, there will be several
non-dance workshops:
- Saturday evening pre-milonga A-V presentation on classic tango orchestras
by Ramu Pyreddy
- Sunday noon Tango DJ workshop by Ramu Pyreddy
- Sunday evening A-V presentation: 'Susana Pial Tango' documentary on
milonga life in Buenos Aires

There will be 4 milongas for your dancing enjoyment:
- Friday night (DJ: Christopher Nassopoulos)
- Saturday night (DJ: Ramu Pyreddy)
- Sunday Brunch (DJ: Ron Weigel)
- Sunday Pizza Party (DJ: Ron Weigel)

Complete Fiesta details at:

http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/2007CloseEmbraceFiestaHomePage.htm

REGISTRATION: Advance Registration (until Friday Nov 2)

Weekend Pass: $125 / Student Weekend Pass: $65
- includes 5 dance workshops, 4 milongas, 2 A-V presentations, 1 DJ
workshop, Sunday Brunch, Sunday Pizza Party

Ask about a special discount Weekend Pass for groups of students traveling >
200 mi.
Ask about special discount Weekend Pass for community organizers.

Milonga Plus Pass: $50
- everything above except dance workshops

Saturday Pass: $70 / $40 Students
- 2 dance workshops + A-V presentation + milonga

Sunday Pass: $70 / $40 students
- 2 dance workshops + 2 milongas + DJ workshop + A-V presentation

Fundamentals Pass: $70 / $40 students
- 3 technique oriented workshops (Fri & Sat) + 2 milongas (Fri & Sat) + 1
A-V presentation
- designed for instructors, advanced dancers desiring to improve their
technique, and beginners to dancing tango in close embrace

Thursday Early Bird Workshop: $25 / $15 students
- 2 hr workshop on 'Communciation' given by Hsueh-tse Lee.
- Admission is by Advance Registration only.

PRIVATE LESSONS

- are available from Friday through Monday with all Fiesta instructors.
Contact us if you would like a private lesson. Until the Advance
Registration Deadline (Nov 2), priority will be given to those purchasing
the Weekend Pass. After that, private lessons will be allocated on a first
come, first serve basis.

HOUSING

- There are a limited number of spaces available in the homes of local
tangueros. Priority will be given to students and those purchasing a weekend
pass. Students purchasing weekend pass will be processed immediately.
- There is a list of hotels, motels and bed & breakfast inns within 10
minutes of the Fiesta location.

In the intimate environment of a university community, we are able to
provide convenience and cost savings to make your participation in our
Fiesta a most enjoyable experience. All workshops are in the same building
with an adjacent (free) parking lot, with a wide variety of reasonably
priced restaurants and hotels within 5-10 minutes of the Fiesta location.

In conjunction with our modern dance facilities and the special care we take
in providing a relaxed and friendly environment that facilitates learning,
you will enjoy traveling to Urbana for our tango festival focusing on tango
danced in close embrace, as it is in the milongas of Buenos Aires.

We look forward to seeing you in November. Your tango life will be enriched
by being here.
Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana, IL