[Tango-A] NA-E: NEW YORK: NY Tango Festival thanks you!

L casadepractica at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 13 14:02:37 EDT 2007

Dear friends

Thank you for coming to the NY Tango Festival last weekend!
A lot of people told us it was a big hit, and we hope you agree!

We had 450 people at the Friday Milonga, and more than 500 on
Saturday and Sunday.
They were the BIGGEST MILONGAS IN THE HISTORY OF NEW YORK !

More than 300 people attended classes with Julio and Corina, Pablo
and Dana, and Pablo and Noel. There were practicas, presentations
about Gardel, Piazzolla, and the Great Tango Orchestras, a talk with
the teachers, live music and performances at the milongas, and shows
at the Symphony Space.

We thank you all for coming, and we thank the teachers, performers,
musicians, DJs, volunteers and our generous sponsors Barnard College/
Columbia University for making the NY Tango Festival a success.

Photos and video will become available soon; we will let you know
when they go up.

Abrazos,
Mariela, Tine, Lynn and our 20 friendly volunteers