[Tango-A] MISC: EXTRAORDINARY TANGO JOURNEYS

christina johnson User kikibri at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 7 14:56:27 EDT 2007

FROM: Christina Johnson, President of Beyond Tango, LLC, See:
www.beyondtango.net  Email: beyondtango at earthlink.net.

WHY WOULD YOU CONSIDER AN EXOTIC TANGO VACATION?
Beyond Tango was created and developed as a way to offer dancers the gift of
travel, as well as delightfully indulging their passion for tango. They are
for people who love Argentine tango, who enjoy learning about new cultures,
folks who are open to new experiences. Our clients love travel, and tend to
be curious as to ³what¹s next?² even if it sometimes invlolves the
gratifying risk of hiking thru lava tubes in Hawai¹i, or boarding a small
plane to wander through the ancient jungle ruins of Tikal in Guatemala.

THE DIFFERENCE:
LARGE tango ³congresos², festivals, or annual weekends, are attended by
200-600 people. They tend to have several tango shows or exhibitions, and 8
hours a day of class followed by milongas attended by hundreds.
     They are most often in large, newer hotels, and the emphasis is dancing
many hours of class with several different teachers. These large events
offer a huge menu of tango electives. Registrants tend to come from
different large cities, and those groups tend to stick together. They are
great to attend for complete inundation of Argentine tango, and for having
many different partners of all levels.

      CRUISES are good for those who choose a controlled environment, easy
access to food, and the convenience of easy access to the cocktail lounge or
pool.  We question whether a cruise is necessarily "travel", as one usually
gets off the boat only once or twice at a foreign port for only a few hours.
Beyond Tango offers what we feel is a more valuable way to receive treasured
memories for what you are paying.

        VALUE is the core of Beyond Tango; our vacations are at least 20%
less expensive than other travel options. For example, the current package
we are offering to Guatemala is $600 less than any other comparable package
for Guatemala on the internet.  $200 a day is the average cost of  a Beyond
Tango trip. This usually includes many meals, fine lodging, bus tours,
activities, three hours of class each day, a milonga each night, and the
best tango instructors. Since the value and success of our trips is based on
results of positive feeling, fulfillment, and belonging, these are hard to
measure. Beyond tango journeys that take place in some countries have free
events for locals, and offer scholarships.

       THE IDEA of Beyond Tango vacations is to enjoy, surprise, delight,
taste, tempt, and requite. The philosophy is that by discovering and
learning together, we become more intimate friends, and have fulfillment
that cannot happen alone; as in tango. The extraordinary connection that we
experience thru tango  repeats itself with one another during ³ordinary²
activities on the trip. More opportunity to ³kin ye²,  say  the Scots!
Kindness and respect are natural results.

  THE LOCATIONS we choose to visit are unusual ones of great beauty,
culture, and interest. Our accommodations are everything from monasteries in
Italy, to a 15th century Chateau in France, to Haciendas in Mexico. We try
and find unusual places that have a space to dance, or one nearby.

       OUR WISH is that by the end of each trip, you (including teachers)
feel full, relaxed, restored, and loved. We wish that you feel at least 80%
satisfied with your improvement in tango skills. We wish that your
experience be so fulfilling and excellent, that you will attend many more
Exotic Tango Vacations! And we wish that you share your great experiences
with your friends.

 BEYOND TANGO VACATIONS ARE INTIMATE, and one should expect to receive
individual attention from the teachers, and from each other. The milongas
are small, and the teachers join in to participate with dancing. Because
they are small, participants tend to want to meet each other, and spend time
among those from other cities and countries. We encourage participants to
use these experiences for new friendships, and expand out from their ³home
group². COUPLES get lots of time to be with each other and do ³their own
thing² if they choose. Classes are timed so they will not interfere with
other possibilities of recreation. Everyone has options for how they spend
their time, after all, it is your vacation.

WE DANCE in class about three hours a day, have practicas and milongas most
nights, and explore different activities together; or some spend some
delicious solitary time during the day. Usually all levels are offered,
although some trips are especially for beginners, or for interm/advanced
students.PEOPLE attending the vacations appreciate the intimacy of small
groups, with friendly, outgoing people, curious about new places, cultures,
and "happenings."  I like to offer experiences with the local people,
unusual settings, and lots of friendship time with the teachers.

 The TEACHERS we employ are excellent professionals with international
reputations as masters of their craft. They are chosen because of their
endearing personal qualities, as well as their remarkable teaching skills.
They look forward to being invited to our events, and to the special
experience of being a part of these trips. They are fun to be with, easy to
be around, and it is a joy to work and play with them. They need and take
their own space, and teach as many private lessons as they wish, as it is
their vacation as well.

WHAT WAS MISSING?
Was the only thing missing from your last vacation tango? Is your perfect
ending to a day of abundant pleasure to purge your soul with Pugliese? Do
you want to celebrate and giggle before turning in, but there is no one to
grab for the traspie in the last milonga?  If you are a person who loves
Argentine Tango, loves to travel, and to have exciting new experiences;
these trips are for you!