[Tango-A] NA-C: Hot Winter Tango III, Dec 6-9,2007 (St Louis MO)

Shaun Sellers sellers at me.wustl.edu
Thu Oct 4 15:27:24 EDT 2007

We still have a few slots left for leaders for

 Hot Winter Tango III, Dec 6-9, 2007
 http://www.gatewaytango.org/festival/

This is not your usual festival. Designed for dancers
with multiple years' experience, it is gender balanced
and limited to 60 followers and 60 leaders.  The
atmosphere is friendly with an intimate feel and an
emphasis on social dancing.  Classes are intended for
serious learners and will be challenging to experienced
dancers. Good floorcraft will be necessary at the
milongas.

There will be 2 tracks of classes Fri-Sun with late night
milongas and afternoon practicas. The emphasis will be on
social dancing. And as before, there will be the
complimentary wine, micro-brewed beer and pizza.

Great music, great dancing, great atmosphere! All this for
only $150 for a 3-day pass! A limited number of student
discounts of 50% are available. (Teacher and dj training
classes are extra.)

We will have some familiar as well as new faces in our
acclaimed and extensive 2007 tango staff:

 - Brigitta Winkler (Berlin & NYC) instructor,
 - Rebecca Shulman (NYC) intructor,
 - Tomas Howlin (Montreal & Buenos Aires) instructor,
 - Evan Griffiths (NYC) instructor,
 - Shorey Meyers (Berkeley) instructor and dj,
 - Carrie Whipple (Portland) instructor,
 - Adam Hoopengarder (NYC) instructor and dj,
 - Ciko (NYC) instructor,
 - Ramu Pyreddy (Ann Arbor) dj,
 - Ramji (Ann Arbor) dj,
 - Mike Tennant (Seattle/STL) dj.
 - Henry Finkelstein (New Haven) dj

Additionally, there will be post-festival classes
on Monday and Tuesday evenings (Dec 10-11) with

 - Sharna Fabiano (DC)
 - Isaac Oboka (DC)

Festival registration is already closed to followers.
Some slots however are still remaining for leaders.
Don't miss out on the fun!

We are expecting people from Seattle, Portland, LA,
SF, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Denver, KC, Houston, Dallas,
Austin, Minneapolis, Chicago, Champaign-Urbana, Memphis,
Ann Arbor, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Louisville,
Tampa, Baltimore, DC, NYC, Boston, Canada, and other
places.

shaun
http://www.gatewaytango.org/festival/

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
Meet me at the tango fair.
Don't tell me the lights are shining
Any place but there.

We will dance the hoochie coochie.
I will be your tootsie wootsie
If you will meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
Meet me at the tango fair.

  Kerry Mills and Andrew B. Sterling (1904)