[Tango-A] NA-E: Getting to Tango de los Muertos

Tova Moreno tovamoreno at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 09:53:00 EST 2007

  If you're planning on coming to Tango de los Muertos this weekend, here’s a message from Juliet, our Hospitality Host, about getting around and what to do while here.  We look forward to seeing you!
 Abrazos, Tova

 --------------------------------
 Welcome to Boston
 and thanks for making Tango de los Muertos your next
 Tango Experience. We want it to be unforgettable.
  This year we're especially pleased to be raffling off a pair of tickets to see the Boston Red Sox play the Colorado Rockies at Historic Fenway Park.
  ohh, wait a minute. Boston already swept the World Series! Nothing left to do but dance!
  There is a wealth of information to be found on the Tango de los Muertos  website, and I encourage you to explore the topics under the drop-down menus. Even so, I want to highlight some points in this welcome e-mail

  I'm In Boston, Now What?
 If you have lots of stuff, just take a cab from Logan Airport to either Medford (the Hyatt or Springstep) or MIT (probably around $30).
  No Luggage? Take the Silver Line to South Station (this is the Red Line). Buy a Weekly Visitor T Pass (see below). Take the Red Line towards Alewife (outbound). If it's Thursday, and you are coming to MIT, get off at Central Square, and walk South on Mass Ave. (towards the River and the University - it will begin to look like more office park than city) for about 10-15 minutes. The Lobdell Student Center of MIT is on the Right. For Friday and other days, get off at Harvard Square (buy a T Pass here, too) and take the 96 Bus (print the bus schedule from the MBTA site, it's current) to Medford Square, then walk about one-and-a-half blocks along Riverside Ave to get to Hyatt Place. Turn left and you'll see Springstep.
  Those who have flown in and are staying at the Hyatt can take the Silver Line to South Station, forego the Pass, just buy one fare. Take the Red Line (outbound to Alewife) and get off at Davis   Square. From Davis   Square call the Hyatt for their courtesy pick up. The Hyatt Courtesy Shuttle runs from 7:30 am - 9:00 pm.
  I've arrived at South Station and I'll be using Public Transportation Mostly
 First stop at the MBTA Fare Booth and get yourself a Weekly Pass - it's $15 for unlimited service on the T (our subway nickname) - even if you use it less, at $2 a ride, it will soon pay for itself.
  For all your routes and schedules, see http://www.mbta.com/ and for the "Charlie Card" info see this page http://www.mbta.com/fares_and_passes/passes/
  Now You're Here, Let's Talk About Hair
 Big Hair, Tall Hair, Spiky Hair, Vertical Hair and Classic Golden Age Hair. For any kind of hair at all, you may want to make an appointment for your special hairstyle at Salon Fabiano. They are extending their hours just for us! They do eyelash extensions, creative hair design and makeup application. They're just a two blocks away from Springstep, and hours are by appointment 781-396-1066.

 Or if you need wigs or extensions try Venus in Central Square. I love this place. http://www.yelp.com/biz/S1q4rYyuuFyKcH2ZAsuGFA  I hardly need to say anything else but this: It's just down the street from Toscanini's Ice Cream in Central Square. You've already passed Venus on your way to the MIT Milonga, if you got off the Red Line at Central Square.
  Now I Look Fabulous, So What Do I Wear?
 You're beautiful; you are, inside and out. If you left room in your suitcase for the new shoes you want to purchase from some of our superior vendors, that's great. You don't have to dress up for the costume milongas, but if you're here now, and thinking, I wish I had a little something fun, here's where you go:  http://www.garmentdistrict.com/
  This store is famous, and once you visit, you'll know why! The Garment District is just outside of Central Square, map and directions are on the website.
  I Didn’t Leave Room For Anything In My Suitcase But My Dance Shoes and my Accordian, (or Kazoo, or Small Violin)
 I really like the way you pack, my friend! Join Ben Bogart and his gang for the Tango Jam on Friday from 6:30 - 8:30 pm.!  Everyone is welcome. Even people who play kazoos, as long as they really want to play tangos.
  I Just Remembered How Hungry Dancing Makes Me
 Well then, you're in luck. If you are staying at the Hyatt, they have a 24 hour service menu that sounds magical. I haven't tried it or seen it, but it sounds like you push some buttons in the automat café and food just appears! Or, if it's a bit earlier, say before 10 pm, you can call up Joe's for a pizza. Listen to this one - Shrimp, fresh herbs, garlic, mascarpone, fresh mozzarella and roma tomatoes. Yummy. But would anyone dance close embrace with me after all that garlic? (How about this -- All Out Of Town Scampi Lovers and other garlic fiends leave your name at registration for Juliet, so we can all find each other, without
 you know
 doing the breathing thing. ;^)
  A few other restaurant options in the Springstep Neighborhood come to mind: Roast Beef and Seafood at Alamo Beef, or Sushi! with Wasabi! I'm always up for Sushi! I can get that at Chung Ki Wa Restaurant. Both of those places are within 5 minutes of Springstep. And there are other options posted on the site.
  We do want your visit to Boston to be memorable, especially if this is your first visit. If you follow this link to the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau there is special deals card. It might come in handy, you never know:  http://www.bostonusa.com/images/admin/logos/BostonusaSpecialsFall2007.htm
  and this Boston site has pretty good maps:
  http://www.starthereboston.com/
  Oh, and if you’ve been excited about seeing The Spectacular Tango Cheeseballs, please note that they’ll be will be performing Friday night instead of Saturday!
  We can't wait to see you! You are why Tango de los Muertos III will be the best yet!

 Juliet
 Hospitality Chair
 jltdrg at yahoo.com
 919-672-5843