[Tango-A] NA-C: Final Call - One week to the Denver Tango Festival

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Wed May 16 15:44:13 EDT 2007

Dear Tango dancers,

DENVER TANGO FESTIVAL DATES MAY 23 - 30.
FESTIVAL WEBSITE: http://LaEternaMilnga.com
SEARCH TERMS: Denver Tango Festival

The Denver Tango Festival starts Wednesday of next week with early
arrival workshops with Christopher Nassoupoulos of San Francisco.
Thursday will feature workshops with Rebecca Shulman of New York and
Eric Jorissen of Holland. The early-arrival classes are attractive to
some because they can spread out our tango joy and save their feet.
In other words, you can buy a gold pass and choose to do your four
classes on Wed & Thur and the milongas on the weekend.

While Eric Jorissen's classes are more than 3/4 full, they are only
half full on Thursday. (We are still allocating two classes of Eric
to each person).

IT's NOW TIME TO REGISTER

Please register now, and pay ahead of time so the check-in lines are
shorter. Even if you are only doing the drop-in pass, please register
as it will help me keep track of attendance and gender ratios.

BIGGEST and BEST

This will be the biggest and best festival yet, with 350 people
already registered from around the country and over a 100 from
Colorado (drop-ins will double the Colorado group). The mission of
this festival is to bring high-level dancers, teachers and DJs from
around the country to give us all lots and lots of exciting dances
and to trade ideas in classes.

EXTRA MILONGAS ADDED TO PASS

I've added $5 mini-milongas on Wed and Thur after the classes. These
are included if you take both classes that day. Or else, they will be
included in the Milonga pass. Milonga pass costs only $65 for eight
milongas, and that price includes the early arrivals and the Tango
Colorado outdoor BBQ. The Milonga pass saves you $42 over individual
milongas.

Workshop passes cost $85 and are a great deal if you want four
classes plus want to attend only a few of the milongas.

STUDENT or "STARVING ARTIST" PASSES

I do have some discounted passes available for people who are willing
to chip in and help at the various tasks. Please email me for more
information. The Festival does feature Intermediate classes most days.

REGISTRATION CLOSED TO SINGLE WOMEN (at this moment)

Single women will have to hold off on registering until we get some
more men to register. You may register with a guy. Also, I encourage
the women (registered or not) to speak with your favorite dance
partners to make sure they are registering. Again, drop-in
registration helps me plan for gender balance and floor sizes.

HOTEL FULL

The Red Lion hotel is full, and so is the sister Doubletree Hotel.
Try Internet search for hotels on Quebec street between 3200 and
4200, as there are several smaller or bigger hotels in that strip.

Tom Stermitz
Stermitz at Tango.org
http://www.tango.org
2525 Birch St