[Tango-A] NA-C: Robin Thomas in St Louis, MO June 22-24. 2007

Shaun Sellers sellers at me.wustl.edu
Thu May 3 20:37:58 EDT 2007

Robin Thomas returns to St Louis for a special weekend
of classes and milongas!

ABOUT THE CLASSES:
The Friday class is open to everyone. The Saturday and Sunday
classes however will be gender balanced with optional partner
changes. So we are suggesting that people pre-register with a
partner.

We will only have space for a maximum of 15 couples in the
Saturday and Sunday classes, so don't wait to register. The
milongas will be open to everyone. Classes are currently about
60% full. We are expecting people from Ann Arbor,Chicago,
Champaign-Urbana, Indianapolis, KC, Memphis, Minneapolis.

If you don't have a partner, contact us and we will try to find
you one.

The workshop is intended for experienced dancers, and Robin will
teach to the level of the participants of each class.

Workshop website:
http://www.gatewaytango.org/workshop/

SCHEDULE:
-Fri June 22, 2007
 8:00PM    (Class 1)  Milonga
 9PM-1AM   Milonga - DJ Kathy McGeeney from KC

-Sat June 23, 2007 (Pre-registration required for classes)
 1:00PM    (Class 2) Connection
 2:45PM    (Class 3) Vals Musicality
 4:30PM    (Class 4) Turns
 6:30PM    Group Dinner in Nearby Restaurant
 10PM-2AM  Milonga – DJ Robert Hauk from Portland

-Sun June 24, 2007 (Pre-registration required for classes)
 12:00PM    (Class 5) Dancing to Alternative Music
  1:30PM    (Class 6) “Complicated and Difficult Stuff”
   3-5PM    Practica (DJ Robin Thomas)
 6-9:30PM   Milonga (Separate Event and Charge)

COST:
-Weekend Pass  (6 Classes, Milongas and Practica): $100
-Friday  Class:       $10
-Saturday Milonga:    $10
-Sunday Practica:      $5

Full-time student discount: 50%

FURTHER INFORMATION:
sellers at me.wustl.edu

Workshop website:
http://www.gatewaytango.org/workshop/

Pre-registration payable to:
  Berette Salazar (Tel: 314 961-1686)
  461 Florence Ave., St Louis, MO 63119

Accommodation for visitors provided by local dancers.

For more information email: sellers at me.wustl.edu

ABOUT ROBIN:
A well-known and respected dancer and DJ, Robin's enthusiasm for
Argentine tango can be seen most clearly in his wholehearted dedication
to teaching. He believes that it is very important for students to
dance simply and musically from the very beginning.

Building that strong base of connection and musicality early, Robin
believes, will allow even very new beginners to feel comfortable and
confident on a crowded dance floor and will also lead to a more
comprehensive and fluid understanding of more complicated techniques
later on. Robin's teaching style reflects this philosophy, and his
students appreciate the humorous but still down-to-earth way he presents
the material.