[Tango-A] NA-W, NA-C, NA-E: Argentine Tango Movie Wins Award at the 2007 Nashville FilmFestival

Tango Nashville connect at tangonashville.com
Wed May 2 04:18:40 EDT 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 1, 2007

Contact:
Diana Holland
615-889-3390
diana at tangonashville.com
Argentine Tango Movie Wins Award at the 2007 Nashville Film Festival

On April 26th, 2007, Alejandro Saderman received the Impact of Music Award
Honorable Mention for his film "El último bandoneón" (The Last Bandoneón).
The film, a documentary focusing on the culture and mystique of the main
instrument used in Tango music, the bandoneón, was featured at the 38th
Nashville Film Festival. Viewers found the story so compelling that dozens
lined up to purchase and order DVDs of the film as they left the screening
Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon.

Brian Gordon, Artistic Director for the Nashville Film Festival says of "El
último bandoneón", "[It] is an irresistible film that successfully captures
the nuances and the limitless appeal of the tango. With a charming and
original storytelling style, not to mention wonderful music, the film also
shows us how the Tango, the bandoneón and Buenos Aires all need each other.
It was a pleasure to screen this film and have Mr. Saderman as our guest."
Tango Nashville, a non-profit that advances cultural education through the
art and culture of the Argentine Tango, made it possible for Saderman to
attend the Festival through their sponsorship of his flight from Buenos
Aires, Argentina, to Nashville. Tango Nashville also organized a reception,
'Tango & a Movie', in honor of Saderman where Tango Nashville students,
members and aficionados met the filmmaker personally, and had a first-hand
opportunity to ask him questions about his movie.

"It was a great pleasure to attend the Nashville Film Festival, and an honor
to be awarded the Honorable Mention. I am especially grateful to Tango
Nashville, who made my trip possible, and it was also very rewarding to feel
the warmness of the Nashville people. Music is definitely something they
love", said Saderman.

The Impact of Music Award is given to films that exemplify the importance of
music in our everyday lives. The award is sponsored by Gibson Guitars, and
as Saderman ends his first trip to Nashville, he has a distinctive trophy to
bring back to Argentina - a brand new Gibson.

For more information about the movie, please visit
www.elultimobandoneon.com.ar
Tango Nashville will also be holding this coming Saturday, May 5th, from 7
to 10 pm, it's Spring 'Tango by Moonlight' at the Event Shelter in
Centennial Park. This event is FREE and open to the public. For more
information, please visit www.tangonashville.com
###