[Tango-A] Letter from TangoJoven Festival 2007 Committee

Tango Éclectique tangoeclectique at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:35:04 EDT 2007

Dear Tango Community,

On behalf of TangoJoven Festival 2007 Committee, we would like to apologize
for the fact that you had to read those negative posts against Burak
Ozkosem.  If anybody has a personal issue against him or his actions in the
past, please contact him personally via e-mail at buraktango at gmail.com.  These
situations are affecting not only Burak Ozkosem's reputation, but also the
TangoJoven 2007 Committee.  This year, the festival is not a sole
proprietorship, meaning that it is not only organized and created by Burak
Ozkosem.  It is an alliance with many sponsors, groups, and other important
companies that are helping for the benefit of cultural awareness and the
promotion of Argentine dance and music.  The festival is not for any
financial benefit, nor does it involve resolving any of Burak's past
personal issues.  He is working voluntarily for the TangoJoven 2007 Festival
Committee as the Creative Director.  In addition, we all have to behave
professionally and not create an unnecessary negative vibe on our community.

As the President of TangoJoven Festival 2007, I guarantee that the issues
mentioned above will be taken care of as soon as possible.

The main goal of TangoJoven Festival 2007 is to get the general public
affiliated with the art of Argentine Tango, music, and culture.  For these
reasons, this year's committee is working with many diverse companies,
communities, groups, and organizations to make this festival a success.  We
are looking for your support and effort in order to guarantee the positive
outcome of the festival.  If any of you are not aware yet, this festival
will take place from July 6-8 at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Center.  We
are proud to present Latin Grammy Nominee (2004, 2005, 2007) electronic
tango group TANGHETTO, tango masters Julio Balmaceda & Corina de la Rosa
from Buenos Aires, and the best teachers from the States: Homer & Cristina
Ladas, Murat & Michelle Erdemsel, and Ney Melo & Jennifer Bratt.  Please
visit the website for more information:

http://festival.tangoshusheta.com/

We are looking for your support and enthusiasm to create new opportunities
and ideas and to unite the passion of Argentine Tango dance and music with
people from all over the world.

Sincerely,

Maria Alferov, President
TangoJoven Festival 2007 Committee