[Tango-A] NA-E: Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel: schedule for Philli april 13-16

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel tango at tangodesalon.de
Tue Mar 27 10:24:13 EDT 2007

Dear Tango-fiends,

as already announced, we'll be giving classes at Philadelphia  on the
14th and 15th of april. We would be happy to meet you there.

Our teaching-philosophy:
Most of our classes are open for all levels, as working on the basic
techniques is a challenge for every one. Even very experienced dancers
will discover new possibilities of improvisation and expression. When
teaching steps, we will adapt them to the proficiency level of each
couple.
We dance and teach close embrace Tango and our focus is on the
connection between the partners. But unlike other
close-embrace-dancers, we seek to explore all movements which are
possible without breaking up the embrace. Thus our teaching method is
defined by a very modern approach and the students will not be obliged
to dance closely, exept in thos classes which focus on close embrace,
of course!  Our  techniques are adaptable to all styles.

Here's our schedule for Philadelphia:

April 13 - performance at UCAL - Milonga

April 14 - classes:

* Caminar con elegancia (april 14, 1:00-2:45 pm) Walking elegantly in
the crossed and parallel system and changing freely between them.
Discover new possibilities of improvisation and combine the different
variations of walking to elegant movements. We will be working on the
expression of each step.

* Exploring the Secrets of Close Embrace (april 14, 3:00-4:45 pm) Tango
is an embrace in which we want to experience nearness, while beeing
able to move freely. During this workshops we'll focus on the technical
aspects of a close embrace, the appropriate posture and elegant
movements without the limitations of "clinging to someone".
We'll also show a choice of our favourite steps, if there is time.

* Bambolear con gusto (april 14, 5:00-6:45 pm) Modern movements may be
integrated into close-embrace-dance if we dance them organically and
control our movement to a certain degree. We'll work with tension &
relaxation, examine the technique and develop possible movements. We
will focus on elements which play with the free leg of the follower.
This may be movements above the ground (Voleos), wrapping-movements
(Ganchos) or movements which are based on a loss of axis for the
follower (Volcadas).

April 15 - classes

* Turns, turns and more turns (april 15, 1:00-2:45 pm) In this class
we'll combine the basic elements (steps & pivots) to turns without
memorising patterns. For us, the molinete is only ONE possibility to
turn. Have fun while exploring elegant and rhythmic turns which are
suitable for different kinds of Tango-music.

* Vals - the music (april 15 - 3:00-4:45 pm) Exploring the rhythmical
variations in Vals and integrating them in variations of the walk and
several known movements. This may sound simple, but is it not: there
are certain rhythmical variations which are forgotton most of the time
and dancing them requires the proficiency to really lead and follow in
order to "time" your movements.

* Milonga lisa y con traspié (april 15, 5:00-6:45 pm) We do conceive
Milonga as a dance very much on its own, requiring and facilitating
specific body mechanics and small-scale dynamics. You don't need
complex steps to improvise the music adequately - the connection to the
music is what makes a good Milonga! We'll explore rhythmic variations
of walking, the Traspíes and combine the basic elements to small and
playfull steps which allow you to interpret the music freely.

April 16 - private classes
Please contact celineallard at yahoo.com

You'll find more infos at www.markis.com/tangohug/0414.html

Looking forward to meeting you there,