[Tango-A] NA-C; NA-W; NA-E; SA: 2007 Chicago Mini Tango Festival Two Week Early Bird Discount Notice

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 00:12:46 EDT 2007

2007 Chicago Mini Tango Festival – Two Week Early Bird Discount Notice

  There is almost two weeks left for the Early Bird Discount to the Chicago Mini Tango Festival (www.chicagotangofestival.com ) that will be held at the University of Chicago from April 20-22, 2007.  The festival will consist of three days of workshops and five milongas.

  Classes will be taught by Pedro “Tete” Rusconi and Silvia Ceriani; Oscar and Mary Ann Casas; and Maximiliano Gluzman and Milva Bernard.  There will also be a canyengue class taught by Ernest Williams and free beginner classes for the novice tangueros taught by Tim “Timmy Tango” and Joanne Pogros.  Djs for the festival include Silvia Ceriani,  Robert Hauk from Portland and Somer Surgit from Chicago .  To see the update schedule go to: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php .

  There will also pre-festival workshops will also be held on Thursday, April 19th. Separate
  Master Classes, with limited enrollment, will also be taught by Tete and Silvia during the festival  – separate reservations and admission will be required. For more information go to http://chicagotangofestival.com/Masterclass.php .    Most of the teachers will be giving privates before, during, and after the festival.  If you are interested in booking a private please let us know as soon as possible by emailing lessons at chicagotangofestival.com .  Tete and Silvia will be in Chicago for at least a month and will be giving group classes during the week.

  Registration by March 31st is encouraged to take advantage of the early bird discounts.  We are intending to have gender-balanced workshops and we plan to limit the number of attendees at the workshops.  When you register for the festival (http://chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php ) please make sure to indicate your level of dance (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and also indicate which workshops you intend to attend.  This will greatly help us with our planning.

  Like last year, we expect attendees from all over the United States.  (You can see photos of last year’s festival at the following two links: http://chicagotangofestival.com/phpslideshow.php?directory=festival06/pic1 and http://chicagotangofestival.com/phpslideshow.php?directory=festival06/pic2 . )  So far we have please that have registered or plan to register from St. Louis; Seattle; Madison, Wisconsin; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; Memphis; Tampa, Florida; Pittsburgh; Richmond, Virginia; Portland, Oregon; Louisville, Kentucky; San Diego; Cincinnati; Indianapolis; Iowa; Champaign/Urbana, Il; Ann Arbor; Minneapolis; Cleveland; Springfield, Missouri; Grand Rapids, Michigan; Sedona, Arizona; Raleigh-Durham, N.C.; Minneapolis, MN; Mt. Vernon, Missouri; and, of course, the Chicagoland area.

  We have arranged for discounted airfares on American Airlines to either Midway Airport (airport code: MDW) or Ohare International Airport (airport code: ORD).  We have also arranged for discounted rentals on  Avis car rentals.  For further details go to: http://chicagotangofestival.com/Air_Travel_Car_Rental.php  Please also check Southwest Airlines, from time to time you can find some inexpensive “Ding fares to and from Chicago.

  For information on lodging options, please go to:
  http://chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php  If there are individuals in the Chicagoland area who are willing to house an out of town guest please let us know by emailing us at lodging at chicagotangofestival.com  .

For more information on the Chicago Mini Tango Festival go to www.chicagotangofestival.com or  contact Ray Barbosa at  info at chicagotangofestival.com

  We look forward to seeing you in Chicago in April 2007.

  Ray Barbosa

  P.S. The following link takes you to the playlist of all of the the videos on YouTube of Oscar and Mary Ann Casas.  It includes performances, classes at El Beso in Buenos Aires, etc.
  http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=oscaracasas

  The following are links to videos where you can watch Tete and Silvia perform:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJDowJI0-7s . Tete and Silvia dancing tango waltz. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alcBFsaRoPQ – Tete and Silvia dancing tango.