[Tango-A] NA-E: Melina Sedo + Detlef Engel debut tour

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel tango at tangodesalon.de
Thu Mar 8 10:52:36 EST 2007

Dear Tango friends,

we - Melina Sedó & Detlef Engel - are going to visit Pittsburg,
Philadelphia and New York in april and would like to introduce
ourselves to those who don't know us yet.

Our philosophy: Tango is walking in an embrace.
We dance close-embrace Tango with a very personal touch. Our dance may
be described as elegant and puristic and while imbedding modern
techniques and elements into the Tango, it stays close to the roots of
the traditional Tango de Salón.
At the core of our lessons, which are always geared towards
improvisational capability, are intensive body work and analysis of
tango´s structures. But „technical“ understanding is just a means to
concentrate better on the essential: developing one´s own style and
relishing the embrace in unison with the music.

Our bio:
We discovered Tango in the mid 90s in Germany - Melina coming from a
dancing-background - and started travelling all over Europe and to
Buenos Aires to take classes with the most distinguished teachers: El
Indio, Mariana Dragone & Hernán Obispo, Mariana Flores & Eduardo
Capussi, Gustavo Naveira & Giselle Anne, Julio Balmaceda & Corina de la
Rosa, Juan Bruno, Chicho Frumboli, Andrea Rejero & Sebastian Misse,
Osvaldo Zotto & Lorena Hermocida, Omar Vega, Fernando Galera & Vilma
Vega ... and many more...
We started teaching in 2001 after having worked out a special teaching
concept which bases on Tango as a language with words, a grammar and
the possibility to compose poetry. Of course, this is a "work in
progress", as we constantly develop our methods of enhancing movements
and understanding of this complex dance.
Nowadays we mainly work in Germany, in France and the neighbouring
countries of Europe, where our dedication and unique teaching concept
have set standards over the years. We are traveling and giving
workshops wherever people want to tango with sense and sensitivity.
Last year we visited the tangueros in New York City and Washington and
performed at Dance Manhattan, La Boca and Dancestudio 101.

Please have a look at our video-sites:
• www.tangodesalon.de/en/evideo.htm
• www.youtube.com/tangodesalon

Direct links to some performance-videos:
2 Versions of Tormenta: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnLtoFq21wY (NEW!)
Tango in NYC: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lv7A45r2Es
Milonga: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBtRtGh3rP8
Vals: www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6dxTHfQPac

Our US-schedule in april:
5 - New York - class & performance at La Nacional
(www.tangolanacional.com)
3/4/5 - New York - available for private classes (please contact us
directly in avance)
6/7/8 - Pittsburgh - performance & workshops
(http://patangos.home.comcast.net/)
10/11/12 - New York - classes (more infos concerning the studio in a
few days)
13/14/15 - Philadelphia - performance at UCAL & workshops
(www.markis.com/tangohug/0414.html)
16 - Philadelphia - available for private classes (please contact
celineallard at yahoo.com)

Happy to meeting you soon,

Melina and Detlef

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel