[Tango-A] NA:W - Hugo "Gato" Valdez & Andrea Monti at LMDC Mondays in July, 2007

Eugene & Jeanne Hill genejeanne at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 17:21:25 EDT 2007

Lin-yi Wu expresses Gato and Andrea's teaching so well!

"Hi Jeanne,
Thank you for bringing great teachers like Hugo and Andrea.  The
nicest thing about them is that they teach by SHOWING, not by TELLING.
They have a clear STEP BY STEP curriculum. They feed you the right
bite size every time so you don't feel overwhelmed or under nourished.
So at the end of each class you have something to practice on.  And
they recapitulate those steps in subsequent classes and after the 8
week session, you are bound to have learned quite solidly, a clear
set of steps. They also give you a lot of time to practice in class,
during which they pay individual attention to each of us and make
correction on the spot.  I feel I learned a lot not only as a
follower, but even some leading steps, as the instruction and
practice are clear and solid.

With my limited experience, I have seen quite a few  great tango
dancers, but great teachers are harder to find."

GATO & ANDREA WILL TEACH THROUGH JULY ON EVERY MONDAY AND THEN THEY
RETURN TO BUENOS
AIRES.  TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS TIME AND TAKE BOTH THE TECHNIQUE AND THE
STEPS and SEQUENCES CLASS, WHICH IS A DEVELOPMENT OF THE TECHNIQUE
CLASS.  FOR $5 MORE ($20) YOU GET A TRULY COMPLETE EVENING OF TANGO.

7:30 to 8:15 pm TECHNIQUE (for men and women) - $10
8:30 to 9:30 pm – STEPS and SEQUENCES - $15
Followed by a practice till 10:30 pm
BOTH CLASSES INCLUDING THE PRACTICE  - $20

At Lake Merritt Dance Center, 200 Grand Avenue, Oakland, CA.
Contact Jeanne Hill at genejeanne at comcast.net or by phone (925) 283-0191
For private lessons, email Gato & Andrea at andretodotango at yahoo.com.ar,
http://www.gatotango.com.ar