[Tango-A] NA-W: 2007 Denver Milonguero Tango Festival Labor Day

Tom Stermitz stermitz at TANGO.ORG
Mon Jun 25 16:55:05 EDT 2007

Dear Tango Friends,

8th Annual Denver Milonguero Tango Festival
Labor Day weekend.
Aug 29 - Sept 3, 2007

http://LaEternaMilonga.com

Please be invited to a long weekend of tango in Denver, Colorado with
some of the top DJs and Teachers in the US. Early arrival classes on
Wednesday feature Robin Thomas and Marika Landry. Early arrivals may
want to come in Tuesday for the Tango Colorado practice.

Early purchase pricing for the next two weeks:
   - $140 Gold pass (4 classes, 8 Milongas)
   - $125 Saturday arrival ppass (4 classes, 4 milongas)
   - $85 Workshop only pass (4 classes)
   - $60 Milonga Pass (8 milongas)
   - $35 Additional day of classes

Hotel:
   - Doubletree Denver on Quebec St
   - 303-321-3333, Code: "TangoFest"
   - $84/night, free airport shuttle.

A FESTIVAL BY DANCERS, FOR DANCERS

This is a festival "by dancers, for dancers", which means we have
milongas every night with some of the top DJs in the US. The Gold
Festival Pass or Milonga Pass include the six weekend milongas PLUS
Wed & Thurs early arrival mini-milongas. The weekend features two
milongas per day starting with the Friday afternoon "Welcome
Milonga", and finishing with the Sunday "All night Milonga".  You
don't want to miss Tango Colorado's Sunday evening Outdoor milonga
and BBQ.

This year we expect about 450-500 dancers, so some of the dance
floors will be crowded. Good, Buenos Aires floor-craft will be
essential. We make sure the dance floors are separated from the
sitting areas, so pedestrians aren't a hazard. The teachers will
emphasize social dance skills in their classes.

2007 THEME: "Music and Musicality"

The focus for the Labor Day Denver Tango Festival is on Milonguero
style, the close, rhythmic subtle version of tango typical in the
crowded milongas of Buenos Aires. This is not a festival for
beginners; the teachers assume you already are pretty decent with
your basic tango skills. This allows the classes to focus on concepts
reather than vocabulary. Skill level will be fairiy high. Based on
the dancers who have attended past festivals shows that:
   - 50% have been to Buenos Aires,
   - 60% have 3 or more years of tango,
   - 60% are Adv-Intermediate, Advanced or Professional.

Tom Stermitz
http://www.tango.org
2525 Birch St
Denver, CO 80207