[Tango-A] NA-C: Colorado Tango Encuentro - Gustavo & Giselle update and Brigitta Winkler's review of their Dusseldorf performance

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Sat Jun 23 03:23:31 EDT 2007

Dear Tango Aficionados,

The Colorado Tango Encuentro 2007 seminario (July 10-15, 20 hours, couples
only) and evening/weekend workshops (July 18-22) with Gustavo Naveira and
Giselle Anne are rapidly filling up.  Currently we have room for only five
more couples in the seminar, but there are still spaces available in the
workshops.  Registration information, including online credit-card purchase
options, is available at www.danceoftheheart.com.

Gustavo and Giselle are currently on tour in Europe with the TangoCamp
series of festivals in Germany, Greece, Sweden and Italy.  Besides their
seminario and workshops (and in addition to DJ-ing at some of our Tango
Encuentro milongas), during their stay in Boulder they will be giving two
full performances (possibly three - watch for more details).

Brigitta Winkler attended their workshops and performance in Dusseldorf,
Germany.  For those who may not know, Brigitta herself is a tango legend, a
pivotal figure in the emergence of the contemporary tango scene in Germany
and especially Berlin.  She has been dancing and teaching tango for over
twenty years, and is an immensely popular teacher at tango festivals around
the world. Her comments are as follows:

“So, you lucky ones have them coming to visit - I would like to be there
too!

You have to ask them to do the Fresedo again.  He started milonguero, opened
to salon and ended with “soltada tango”.  Boy he was on
he shows it all.

Then they danced their centerpiece, of course - very musical, and kind of
slow to explosive
and I am happy if you'd like to quote me on that to
promote him.

A must experience to witness Gustavo - how he rips his heart out of his
chest to throw it to you
it made me cry.  Truly a must experience if you
care for tango.”

As part of the local promotion for the workshops, Gustavo is scheduled to be
a guest DJ on a "Radio Tango" production on KGNU-FM 88.5 in Boulder on
Thursday night, July 12.  The interview and tango music session should also
be available online at www.kgnu.org - watch for further details, including
time of broadcast.

Abrazos,
Brian Dunn & Deb Sclar
Dance of the Heart
775 Pleasant Street
Boulder, CO 80302 USA
303-938-0716
www.danceoftheheart.com
“Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time”