[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC Sun. Esmeralda's visit to Confiteria Ideal!

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 12:38:40 EDT 2007

At Air Conditioned!--¡Si, Aire Acondicionado!  SESSION 73 (73rd and 1st Av,
SW corner),
ESMERALDA¹S TANGO AND TAPAS,  SUNDAY, JUNE 24
Dance 7:30 to midnight or later with popular DJ YESIM LA TURCA  (of Corazon
Milonga)

2 Lessons in 2 spaces 6:30 to 7:30: beginner (with me), a pre-intermediate
(with JEAN FUNG)
$10 includes classes, milonga, and video presentation

7:30 to 8:15‹Another Special Offering in Back Party Room!
AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE A PERFORMANCE AT LA CONFITERIA IDEAL

³There are the shows featuring ³tango for export² and then there is
³Milonguisimo² which features genuine milongueros from the social dance
floor²
says Jai Jeffreys, who made and edited the video presentation of highlights
from ³Milonguísimo², the hit show in Buenos Aires that ran for many years at
La Confitería Ideal.

In these highlights we get to see our very own JAN LA SALLE invited by
milonguero ALBERTO DASSIEU* to perform with him! Hooray for Jan!!!!!
¡Fantastico!
(Those of us who know La Confiteria will be delighted to know that this show
was presented on the stage of the beautiful belle époque dining room
downstairs.)

at Session 73 --Great food! Free wine or beer with an order of tapas at the
inside or outside café.
Served Œtil 9 when there is a special event.

*Please note: Alberto will be available for lessons and classes in New York
beginning June 26th. At that time, you can reach Alberto at 646-717-6230.
This wonderful milonguero, Alberto Dassieu, has danced for 55 years. has
appeared on the most prestigious dance floors of Buenos Aires, has taught in
Argentina and in Europe, received the Orden del Porteno from the Asociación
Gardeliana Argentina, and much more! ( Look forward to seeing more of
Alberto at Esmeralda's!). Alberto¹s lovely website is

Hope to see you,
Lucille

Lucille Krasne
212 777 6053