[Tango-A] NA-C: 4th Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta, Nov 9-11, 2007 in Urbana IL

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 09:29:41 EDT 2007

Tango festivals abound, but only a few concentrate on tango danced in
close embrace, as it is danced in the milongas of Buenos Aires. The
4th Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta, November 9-11 in Urbana IL, is
becoming well known as a successful annual gathering of great dancers,
instructors, and DJs who celebrate the contemporary social tango of
Buenos Aires milongas.

Our instructors for 2007 are nationally recognized as among the best
in teaching tango in close embrace:

Hsueh-tze Lee (Boston)
Christopher Nassopoulos & Caroline Peattie (San Francisco)
Ramu Pyreddy (Ann Arbor)

There will be simultaneous workshops at the intermediate and advanced
levels. There will be milongas Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We are
also planning to offer some specialty non-dance workshops on
musicality and DJing.

Urbana-Champaign is the home of the University of Illinois and our
tango community draws from the cultural diversity of a major
international university. Our tango community has dancers from 18 to
80, as do our festivals. Our past tango festivals have attracted
dancers from all around the Midwest and beyond.

A tango festival in Urbana is a low stress event where you will be
able to concentrate on dancing. Local dancers are very friendly.
Expected attendance (125-150) is large enough to provide energy and
variety in dance partners without being overwhelming. All activities
will be held at the Phillips Recreation Center, a community center
with modern dance facilities and an excellent sound system. Visitors
to our tango weekends have repeatedly praised the facilities as a
great venue for tango events. There is ample free parking immediately
adjacent to the Phillips Center. Within walking distance there are
several hotels and motels and a great variety of restaurants which, in
this medium sized city, are very reasonably priced by national
standards. There are 2 airports with major airlines nearby: Champaign
Willard Airport (CMI), about 20 minutes away (direct flights to
Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, and Las Vegas) and Central Illinois Regional
Airport (BMI), about 45 minutes away (with direct flights to Chicago,
Detroit, Atlanta, Orlando, and Las Vegas). Urbana-Champaign is located
at the intersection of 3 major interstate highways (57, 72, 74) and is
nearly equidistant from Indianapolis (110 mi), Chicago (130 mi), and
St Louis (150 mi).

Mark your calendar for this increasing popular close embrace tango
festival. Keep you eyes open for additional information to be posted
soon.

We look forward to seeing you in November.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana, IL
http://www.centraltango.com