[Tango-A] SA: Trip to Buenos Aires and Patagonia with the Motor City Milongueros

Ray Hogan rayhogan at wowway.com
Fri Jun 8 19:19:40 EDT 2007

We have four more spaces available on our fantastic trip to Buenos Aires and Patagonia in October and November of this year.  This will be a dream trip of a lifetime.  Let us know if you are interested, but act quickly.  We are making reservations now.  Join us to celebrate the 14th Anniversary of the Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit on Sunday, October 21st, in Buenos Aires.  Have dinner, typical Argentine cuisine, and enjoy a great tango and folklore show with the best of Buenos Aires professional dancers.  The Motor City Milongueros will dance a group  milonga to Silueta Porteña by Francisco Canaro.  A milonga with the milongueros of Buenos Aires will follow the show.  We will dance until dawn.

Package Price $3,140 per Person (USD based on double occupancy and a group size of 20)
Leave Detroit on October 19th (Arrange your own international flights and deduct $1,000 from package price)
Tour Patagonia from October 22nd to November 7th
Return to Detroit on November 10th (Some members will return on November 11th)
Included in Package
-   International flight from Detroit to Buenos Aires
-    US Taxes
-   Transfers to and from the airport in Buenos Aires
-   Lodging in Buenos Aires (At Amy & Ray's Conventillo de Lujo if possible)
-   Welcome dinner on October 20th, a special barbecue on the terrace of Conventillo de Lujo
-   Complimentary phone call home
-   14th Anniversary Celebration (Dinner and Dance)
-   Flight to Bariloche and all ground transportation in Patagonia
-   Lodging in hotels in different cities in southern Argentina, i.e Bariloche, Calafate, Tierra Del Fuego
-   Breakfast every day
-   English Guides for some tours
-   Milonga at the "End of the World"
-   Visit (Itinerary subject to change)
        Bariloche
        Siete Lagos del Sur
        Villa Lagostura
        Glacier Perito Moreno
        Calafate
        Puerto Madrid
        Punta Tombo (City of Penguins)
        Peninzula Valdéz (Home of the whales)
        Parque Nacional
        Tierra  Del Fuego
        Navegasion por canal de Beagle (Dinner at an estancia with the gauchos)

At our 14th Anniversary of the Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit on October 22nd in Buenos Aires we will invite everyone who has taught classes or workshops for us since we organized the Club in 1993.  Following is the list of potential guests.

Eddie Dorfer & Mercedes Colon
Fabian Salas
Cynthia Zebergs
Cecilia del Carmen Gonzales
Loreen Arbus
Angel Garcia Clemente
Rosa Collantes
Mariela Franganillo
Nito & Elba Garcia
Claudio Orso
Graciela Caló
Daniel Lapadula
Osvaldo Zotto
Lorena Ermocida
Lori Burton
Jorge Vidoni
Leonel Nivodia
Guillermo Merlo & Fernanda Ghi
Marcela Duran
Andrea Misse
Vanesa de Lío
Gabriel Misse
Leandro Palou
Maria Sol Alzamora
Diego Amorin
Francisco Santapá
Hugo Daniel Gonzalez
Silvia Céspedes
Carolina del Rio
Claudio Fortes
Mariana Gonzalo
Gustavo Funes
Anton Gazenbeek
Natalie Laruccia
Facundo & Kely Posadas
Alberto Paz & Valorie Hart
Laura Brondo
Diana Sanchez Benitez
Tate DiChiazza
Claudio Aspera & Agustina Videla
Guillermina Quiroga
Claudio Villagra
Alejandra Almenti
Samuel Alverez
Daniel Juarez
Fabian Peralta

As our special guests for the evening we will invite the legends of tango, Maria Nieves, Juan Carlos Copes, and Miguel Angel Zotto.

Also our Celebration would not be complete without
Alejandro Scarpino - the Club's original bandoneonista
Jorge Bufalo - our special tango singer
Susana D'Elias - Amy's sister and our Buenos Aires connection.  All our trips to Buenos Aires over the years would not have been possible without Susana.

We would like to mention in loving memory, Paul Milligan, Carlos Gavito, and Alberto Toledano.  We hope they are with us that evening in spirit.

We will also celebrate 14 years of tango in Michigan on October 5th at O'Kelly Banquet Hall in Dearborn, Michigan.  Details of this Celebration will follow.

Amy and Ray
Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit
PO Box 2231
Dearborn, MI  48123