[Tango-A] another complaint about Burak Ozkosem's unethical financial practices

Marc Bautch marc at patrickscabaret.org
Tue Jun 5 19:24:01 EDT 2007

My name is Marc Bautch and I am the Facilities Manager at Patrick's
Cabaret, a non profit arts organization and theater in Minneapolis. I
just read some of the messages on the Tango list and was not the
least bit surprised to find that our organization is not alone with a
complaint about Burak Ozkosem's unethical and irresponsible "money
games".
  Burak rented our facilities for Tango classes and events from 2004
until March of 2006. At which time we had no choice but to stop
renting to him because he stopped paying us for rentals 4 months
earlier. Although he owed us money we continued to rent to him
because we wanted to support his artistic endeavors and he kept
promising to pay us back. However he  suddenly dropped out of sight.
We later found out that he moved to Chicago and left us no forwarding
address, or phone number. He also changed his email address. However
we recently were able to track him down via the internet. I sent
letters and emails to his "new" tango studio that he works at with
Maria. He still owes us $1515.00 and says he doesn't have the money
to pay us. I had no choice but to turn this matter over to a
collection agency. He then had Maria call me, to request that we stop
sending letters to the Tango Studio asking for money and to stop the
collection agency from contacting him because Maria claims Buraks
intends to pay us. But she couldn't tell me when or how much he
intends to pay us. So of course we will continue to have the
collection agency try to get our money from him. Some of you may
consider yourself lucky to get reimbursed by Burak. But in reality
you are among a long list of people he has used. Burak is not to be
trusted.  It is truly sad when someone takes advantage of the arts
community to use it for his own glory and at the expense of others.
Sincerely,
Marc Bautch

Facilities Manager
612-724-6273
marc at patrickscabaret.org
www.patrickscabaret.org

Patrick's Cabaret is grateful for the support of the Jerome, McKnight
and St. Paul Travelers Foundations,
COMPAS/United Arts, and MRAC and the Minnesota State Arts Board
through and appropriation by the
Minnesota Legislature and a grant from the National Endowment for the
Arts.
Marc Bautch

Facilities Manager
612-724-6273