[Tango-A] NA-C: Robin Thomas in St Louis, MO June 22-24, 2007 & Blues Cruise

Shaun Sellers sellers at me.wustl.edu
Tue Jun 5 02:12:17 EDT 2007

Robin Thomas returns to St Louis for a special weekend
of classes and milongas! Robert Hauk will join him as
DJ.

NOTE: The workshop weekend will be preceded by a "blues cruise"
on Thursday evening. Join us as we dance tango to live blues
music while cruising the Mississippi river in an old fashioned
steamboat!

ABOUT THE CLASSES:
The classes will be gender balanced with optional partner
changes. So we are suggesting that people pre-register with a
partner. Pre-registration for classes required.

Classes are almost completely full so don't wait to register.
The milongas however will be open to everyone.  We are expecting
people from Arkansas, California, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa,
Illinois, Kansas, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and New Mexico.

If you don't have a partner, contact us and we will try to find
you one.

The workshop is intended for experienced dancers, and Robin will
teach to the level of the participants of each class.

Workshop website:
http://www.gatewaytango.org/workshop/

Blues Cruise website:
http://www.gatewayarch.com/Arch/info/act.riverboat.ent.bc.aspx

SCHEDULE:
-Thur June 21, 2007
 8-11PM   Blues Cruise on the Mississippi with live music
          (call 1-877-982-1410 for reservations - additional
           charge)

-Fri June 22, 2007
 8:00PM    (Class 1)  Milonga Musicality
 9PM-1AM   Milonga - DJ Kathy McGeeney from KC

-Sat June 23, 2007
 1:00PM    (Class 2) Connection
 2:45PM    (Class 3) Vals Musicality
 4:30PM    (Class 4) Turns, Turns Turns
 6:30PM    Group Dinner in Nearby Restaurant
 10PM-2AM  Milonga – DJ Robert Hauk from Portland

-Sun June 24, 2007
 12:00PM    (Class 5) Dancing to Alternative Music
  1:30PM    (Class 6) “Complicated and Difficult Stuff”
   3-5PM    Practica (DJ Robin Thomas)
 6-9:30PM   Milonga (Separate Event and Charge)

COST:
PASS
-Weekend Pass (6 Classes, Fri & Sat Milongas & Sun Practica): $100
A LA CARTE
-Friday  Class:       $10
-Friday Milonga:      FREE
-Saturday Milonga:    $10
-Sunday Practica:      $5
-Thurs Blues Cruise   $15 (separate event)

Full-time student discount for workshops: 50%

FURTHER INFORMATION:
sellers at me.wustl.edu

Workshop website:
http://www.gatewaytango.org/workshop/

Pre-registration payable to:
  Berette Salazar (Tel: 314 961-1686)
  461 Florence Ave., St Louis, MO 63119

Accommodation available for visitors with local dancers.

For more information email: sellers at me.wustl.edu

ABOUT ROBIN:
A well-known and respected dancer and DJ, Robin's enthusiasm for
Argentine tango can be seen most clearly in his wholehearted dedication
to teaching. He believes that it is very important for students to
dance simply and musically from the very beginning.

Building that strong base of connection and musicality early, Robin
believes, will allow even very new beginners to feel comfortable and
confident on a crowded dance floor and will also lead to a more
comprehensive and fluid understanding of more complicated techniques
later on. Robin's teaching style reflects this philosophy, and his
students appreciate the humorous but still down-to-earth way he presents
the material.