[Tango-A] NA-C: Gustavo and Giselle "Week Two: The Workshops" at Boulder's Colorado Tango Encuentro 2007!

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Sun Jun 3 15:08:00 EDT 2007

Dear Tango Aficionados,

Dance of the Heart is delighted to announce further details for the Workshop
Week portion of the Colorado Tango Encuentro 2007, featuring a historic
visit from the legendary Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne to the United
States!

Known in Buenos Aires and around the world as "Maestros de los maestros"
(teachers of the teachers), immensely influential in the world of tango,
historic figures in the development of the understanding and teaching of the
art of tango dance, we are incredibly fortunate in Colorado to have these
radiant dancers visit us for an unprecedented two weeks to share with us
their encyclopedic vision of tango as it is, as it has been, and tango as it
may become in the future.

For the first time anywhere outside of Buenos Aires, Gustavo and Giselle
will be giving us the most complete vision of tango study they have yet
produced, the fruit of almost twenty-five years of investigating all aspects
of the tango dance.  Gustavo and Giselle will present the latest
refinement of their renowned "Seminario", a 20-hour advanced couples-only
seminar for the first week of their two-week visit to Boulder.  Fifty people
are coming from around the country for this seminar, so we expect some great
dancing at the associated milongas!  These milongas will occasionally
feature "DJ Gustavo" and "DJ Giselle" sharing with us their own "Greatest
Hits" lists! This seminar has space for only eight more couples - visit
www.danceoftheheart.com and sign up now to avoid
disappointment.

For the second week, individual classes will be offered on evenings and
weekends from Wednesday July 18th through Sunday July 22nd. Associated
events will include an evening performance on Saturday July 21st.

Schedule:
Wednesday July 18th
7pm - 8:30pm
Essential Tango Concepts: Fundamentals to the Max! (All Levels)
SPECIAL PRICE $25 ***

8:45-10:15pm
Tango Connection: Lead and Follow, Separately and Together (Int/Adv)
SPECIAL PRICE $25 ***

Thursday July 19th
7pm - 8:30pm
Sacadas for Him/Her (Int/Adv)
$30 ***

8:45 - 10:15pm
Colgadas from the Maestros (High Int/Adv)
$35
SPECIAL LOCATION NOTE BELOW

Friday July 20th
6:30pm - 8pm
Rhythm & Phrasing: Tango Musicality (Int and up)
$30 ***

8:15pm - 9:45pm
Maestro's Choice! Topics to be announced (Adv)
$35
SPECIAL LOCATION NOTE BELOW

Saturday July 21st
1:00pm - 2:30pm
Volcadas from the Maestros (High Int/Adv)
$35

2:45pm - 4:15pm
Barridas for Him/Her (Int/Adv)
$30

4:30pm-6:00pm
Milonga to the Max! (Int and up)
$25 ***

Sunday July 22nd
1:00pm-2:30pm
Maestro's Choice! Topics to be announced (High Int/Adv)
$35

2:45pm-4:15pm Caminadas and Changes in Direction (Int and Up)
$30 ***

ALL-CLASS PASS $300 paid by Tuesday July 17th ($270 by June 30th)
Classes otherwise are priced as marked in advance (by Tuesday July 17th)

SPECIAL FAST-TRACK BARGAIN PACK for rapidly improving advanced beginners and
intermediate dancers:
All classes marked with *** as a group for $160 ($150 by June 30th)

All classes limited to a maximum of fifty people. Partner not required, but
advised for more advanced work in the higher-priced classes. ALL EVENTS TO
BE HELD AT AVALON BALLROOM IN BOULDER Except Thursday/Friday night classes.
NOTE!!! Depending on the space we finally choose, Thursday/Friday classes
MAY be limited enrollment and/or priced differently. Stay tuned for details.

Please print out a copy of this email, include with your check made out to
"DOTH", and mail to:
Dance of the Heart
775 Pleasant Street
Boulder, CO 80302

PayPal credit card options will be available by next week on our website at
www.danceoftheheart.com - stay tuned for details.

To confirm your registration as fast as possible, please email us back to be
placed on a mailing list for these and other events involving Gustavo and
Giselle at the Colorado Tango Encuentro 2007!

Details are subject to change, but we'll do our best to keep everyone
informed as fast as possible.

We'll be back from Buenos Aires as of Wednesday of next week, and can answer
questions by phone after that - until then, email is the best way to reach
us.

Hope to see you soon!

Abrazos y besos,
Brian Dunn & Deb Sclar
Dance of the Heart
775 Pleasant Street
Boulder, CO 80302 USA
303-938-0716
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"