[Tango-A] NA-C: St Louis Festival (Hot Winter Tango III) Dec 6-9, 2007

Shaun Sellers sellers at me.wustl.edu
Mon Jul 9 20:16:08 EDT 2007

Registration is open for Hot Winter Tango III:

 http://www.gatewaytango.org/festival/

Don't miss the fun. This is a small, gender-balanced
boutique festival in St Louis for experienced dancers
in a friendly and intimate environment. Participation
is limited to 60 followers and 60 leaders (milongas
included). Classes are intended for serious learners
and will be challenging.

Based on previous experience, we expect the festival
to sell out early. So don't wait too long to register
(this is especially true for followers). Participants
last year came from over 25 different states, as well
as Canada.

We will have some familiar as well as new faces in
our acclaimed 2007 tango staff:

 - Brigitta Winkler (Berlin & NYC) instructor,
 - Rebecca Shulman (NYC) intructor,
 - Tomas Howlin (Montreal & Buenos Aires) instructor,
 - Evan Griffiths (NYC) instructor,
 - Shorey Meyers (Berkeley) instructor and dj,
 - Carrie Whipple (Portland) instructor,
 - Adam Hoopengarder (NYC) instructor and dj,
 - Ciko Tanik (NYC) instructor,
 - Ramji  (Ann Arbor) dj,
 - Ramu Pyreddy (Ann Arbor) dj,
 - Mike Tennant (Seattle/STL) dj.
 - Henry Finkelstein (New Haven) dj

New this year:

 - New location conveniently near the airport and hotels
   (free airport shuttle to hotels);
 - Teachers training class by Brigitta and Tomas
   (restricted to tango teachers and permission required);
 - A limited number of milonga passes for those not wanting
   to take the classes;
 - A message page to help people look for hotel roommates.

There will be 2 tracks of classes Fri-Sun with late night
milongas and afternoon practicas. The emphasis will be on
social dancing. And as before, there will be the complimentary
wine, micro-brewed beer and pizza. Great music, great dancing,
great atmosphere! All this for only $150 for a 3-day pass!!!
(Teachers training class extra)  Student discount 50%!!!

Additionally, Adam Hoopengardner and Ciko Tanik will be
teaching the early-bird classes on Thursday Dec 6. These
classes are intended to provide a foundation for the
remaining classes during the weekend.

Festival website:
http://www.gatewaytango.org/festival/

Email:
shaun_sellers at yahoo.co.uk

Beat high airfares and start looking early for a good deal
on travel.

shaun

 Meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
 Meet me at the tango fair.
 Don't tell me the lights are shining
 Any place but there.

 We will dance the hoochie coochie.
 I will be your tootsie wootsie
 If you will meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
 Meet me at the tango fair.

   Kerry Mills and Andrew B. Sterling (1904)