[Tango-A] Robin Thomas Minneapolis Aug 3rd -th

Aducane@aol.com Aducane at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 12:30:21 EDT 2007

Hello

I am happy to announce that Robin Thomas from NYC, nationally known teacher
and DJ,  is coming to Minneapolis for a 3 day workshop, August 3-5th. Below is
the finalized class schedule.
I have flyers and registration forms available at Four Seasons Dance, I can
also send you a PDF copy and you can print your own.

You might remember him from our Heartland Tango festival as one of the DJ's.
You may have been lucky enough to have taken his classes and danced at his
milongas in NYC and many other large tango festivals around the country.

WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

Friday, August 3rd ( Pay for this class at the door: $20 includes milonga)
9:00-10:00pm          Class: " Milonga Rhythm & Fun" ( all levels)
10:00-1:00am           Milonga
11:00pm               Demo

SATURDAY August 4th
12:00- 1:30pm
Connections & Quality of Movement
 Intermediate

2:00-3:30pm
Vals Musicality
Intermediate

4:00-5:30pm
Turns Turns Turns
Intermediate/Advanced

SUNDAY, August 5th
12:30-2:00pm
Dancing To Alternative Music
Intermediate

2:30-4:00pm
Complicated & Difficult Stuff

Payment for all 5 classes, by August 1st               $90
Individual Classes, by August 1st                         $20

Payment for all 5 classes, after Aug 1st                    $115
Individual classes, after Aug 1st                              $25

Robins' Bio:
A well-known and respected dancer and DJ, Robin's enthusiasm for Argentine
tango can be seen most clearly in his wholehearted dedication to teaching. He
believes that it is very important for students to dance simply and musically
from the very beginning.

Building that strong base of connection and musicality early, Robin believes,
will allow even very new beginners to feel comfortable and confident on a
crowded dance floor and will also lead to a more comprehensive and fluid
understanding of more complicated techniques later on.   Robin's teaching style
reflects this philosophy, and his students appreciate the humorous but still
down-to-earth way he presents the material.

Recently, he has taught in Portland, Denver, Ann Arbor, Washington DC,
Seattle, Berlin, Edinburgh, San Diego, Providence, Pittsburgh and the universities,
Yale, Princeton and Cornell.

Andrea DuCane
www.kettlebellfitness.com
612-802-3687