[Tango-A] Chicago: Wed Yoga/Tango with Tango Elixir

Nina ninatanguera at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:19:20 EST 2007

Ok, Chicago Tangueros, it is time to dance away those winter blues!
On the north side:  For the Int/ Adv Wed Class-- Don't worry if you don't have any "yoga" experience:  Part I of this class is designed for everybody that is interested in acheiving more strength and flexibility.  You will be amazed at how it improves your tango dancing, and you will feel the results the same night in Part II of our class.  You do not need a partner, but let me know if you are coming on your own and your level (int or adv) so that I can try to even the ratio of leads/follows.  It is recommended to take the entire 4-week session, but if your schedule does not permit for this, drop-in is available.  Those of you using public transport, the Mariposa studio is located conveniently on the CTA Brown Line at Irving Park Stop.  This is very close to the Wed milonga at Barba Yianni!
On the south side:  Milonga Loca is a great place to meet new dancers in a warm, intimate and friendly atmosphere.  All levels class at 8pm, the milonga starts at 9pm.  Hungry?  Bill has been serving up gourmet cheese plates and delicious hot soup this month, and we are always BYOB :)
Still not sure?  Take a look at the complete Tango Elixir Schedule below, contact me with any questions, and I will do my best to accomodate!   (* nina

      CHICAGO WINTER I Class Schedule
      INT & ADV (Wednesdays)

      Tango with Nina:  4-Week Session:  Wednesdays Jan. 31st - Feb. 21st

      1 Class (2 Parts):  7:00 -- 8:45pm
      Part I:  7:00 - 7:30pm  Yoga / Core Stregth & Stretching for Tango Dancers

      Feel how strengthening and stretching your body will improve your tango skills.  Exercises are designed with tango dance movement in mind, and will be appropirate for all ages and abilities.  (Bring non-restrictive clothing, and be prepared to work in socks or barefeet.)

      Part II:  7:30-8:45pm  Tango:  Intermediate & Advanced

      After warming up your body for a 1/2 hour, now we will focus on developing particular tango skills.
      For the Winter I Session, our focus will be on Dynamic Variations of Movement -- Adornments & by Lead -- for the lead and follow:  Including Corridas (running patterns), Paradas (Stops), Lapiz & Enrosque.

      LOCATION

      La Mariposa:  1803 W. Byron:  (Conveniently located on the CTA Brown Line!)
      2 blocks South of Irving Park Road; 2 blocks East of Lincoln Avenue.

      COST

       $60/person or $100/couple.  Drop in:  $18

      ADDITIONAL INFO

      * Yoga/Core/Stretching Class is included as part of the tango class.  Everyone should arrive at 7pm!
      *  All sessions should be paid for in advance or on first day of class.  No refunds or transfers.
      *  Recommended (but not required) to attend with a partner at your level since there will be both intermediate and advanced dancers in class.  If you do not have a partner, please register as a lead or follow and I will help to even the ratio before the first class.
      *  Class is subject to cancellation or modification without a minimum number of students.  Please register in advance to ensure the certainty of the session and your place.

      Please register by email at ninatanguera at gmail.com
      Keep up-to-date at www.tangoelixir.com

      For more information, call Nina at 312-730-8873

      BEGINNERS TANGO (Thursdays)

      Tango I for beginners on Thursdays from 8-9pm  $10/person  First Lesson for FREE!

      at Café Duvall:  2257 W. 23rd Place

      Milonga Loca to follow 9pm-midnight  $5/person

      Chicago Winter II Class Schedule
      4-Week Session will be the same schedule on
      Wednesdays from February 21st  - March 21st.

      No Classes during the month of April.

      Keep up-to-date at www.tangoelixir.com