[Tango-A] NA-C: milonga Nuestro Tango begins 2007 on Friday, January 26 with showcase by Jorge Torres in Chicago, IL

PJ Grant windycitytango at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 00:26:21 EST 2007

milonga Nuestro Tango is well into our seventh year as we enter 2007. Again, we thank all of our loyal supporters and welcome the new dancers who join us every month.
Together we strive to maintain our hospitality, however our costs have risen and we will raise our cover to $15 per person beginning on January 26, 2007. We assure you milonga Nuestro Tango will continue to bring you the best value in the Chicago metro area. Located at The Latvian Community Center (4146 N. Elston Ave @ Hamlin, across from Tony's Finer Foods), milonga Nuestro Tango begins at 9:00 p and continues until at least 1:00 a. on the last Friday of EVERY month, hostessed by Valentina Cisar, Carmen Pinto and Phoebe J. Grant.
On Friday, January 26, we will feature a showcase performance by Jorge Torres, principal dancer of Broadway’s Forever Tango. Jorge, in Chicago for the celebration of American Tango Institute's 1st anniversary, will teach a special workshop prior to milonga Nuestro Tango at The Latvian Community Center. The class, "Magic of Connection & Structure in Tango", is intended for all levels of dance and will be taught from 7:00 - 8:30 pm. Pricing for the Jorge Torres workshop is separate from entrance to the milonga; is $35 for the individual workshop if paid at the door; $30 if pre-registered by email
at babette at americantan goinstitute. com, at least one day prior to workshop. Package of four workshops: $130 if paid at the door on day of first workshop or $115 if pre-registered by email at least one day prior to day of first workshop; $25 for each additional workshop thereafter. Additional information on Jorge Torres workshops, which are offered all this week thru Sunday, Jan. 28th at various locations thruout the metropolitan area, is available by email to Babette or at ATI's website: www.AmericanTangoInstitute.com. A performance by Jorge can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjCub9v4yA&mode=related&search=.
And, on Friday, February 23, milonga Nuestro Tango will feature 2 sets of live music by Folias of Grand Rapids, MI and a performance by John Bayman & Sara Gosline. Some of you may recall John, who has joined us in prior years from Indiana. We are pleased to welcome John and his new partner as they embark on a tour.
As always, if you require directions, have any questions about milonga Nuestro Tango or tango in Chicago, do not hesitate to contact:
Phoebe J. (PJ) Grant
WindyCityTango, Inc.
(773) 260-2595 direct contact
WindyCityTango at yahoo.com
Promoter, Teacher, Performer, Sponsor of Argentine Tango