[Tango-A] NA-E:NYC Esmeralda's and Oscars, Film, plus Music salons

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 18:27:07 EST 2007

THIS COMING SUNDAY,  FEB. 25--- THIS COMING WEEK----
The best of both worlds!
Dance and watch the Oscars on the screens including large wall screen
in Party Room (or ignore as I tend to do!!!!!)

(MUST INSERT: Wow, was my birthday celebration worth getting older for!!
Thanks all! How could I hope for anything more for my milonga? Gorgeous
dancing, and in the line of dance!!!  Tons of friends!!!!! Oh, beautiful
sight! Oh glorious, wondrous music thanks to Ilene and Yesim !!!!!!)

at ESMERALDA¹S TANGO & TAPAS at SESSION 73, 1st Ave and 73rd, SW corner
(212 517 4445)
DANCE UNTIL 11:30 (officially and when the spirit moves us‹later)

SOMETHING NEW FOR THE LAST HALF HOUR----
We will experiment more with a period of ³other² danceable tango music and
suggestions will be taken (if not used immediately!). Ilene will prepare
material that is unusual, stimulating, rare, old and/or newer for that time.

Enjoy La Turca Yesim, and her special music program this Sunday!
$10 Admission includes a Very Beginner¹s class at 6:30 in front bar area
w/me, Lucille
6:30 More Advanced lesson in back party room with JEAN Fung of Dance
Manhattan Studios

UPCOMING ESMERALDA¹S
March 4---You asked for it!!!
Re-run of the popular tango film shown in the NY Summer Tango Festival
²TANGO BAYLE NUESTRO²--or ³TANGO OUR DANCE²  by Jorge Zanada (an Esmeraldian
tanguero, Dario Mendiguren, reported he saw this 12 times!)  Folks loved it!

March 11-- and the 1st ³MEET THE MUSIC SALON²
Ilene de Woodstock hosts the first informal (very) ³MEET THE MUSIC SALON²
with a number of wonderful tango aficionados joining all of you in a
listening /discussing/sometimes moving hour inviting your own participation,
questions, thoughts!
Come meet Di Sarli, D¹Arienzo, Canaro, Pugliese, Tanturi, Troilo, Laurenz,
Fresedo, Donato, Biagi & all their friends ­ the great musicians and
orchestras of tango.
7:30-8:30 Held in the Party Room after the classes. (Dancing continues in
front from 7:30 as usual for those who just want to dance)
For more info. call Ilene at 845-246-1122 or e-mail her at
Ilene Marder <imhmedia at yahoo.com>

DON¹T FORGET SESSION 73¹S SPECIAL OFFER:
Served in the café only-- 5:30 to 8 --Come for delicious tapas
and receive A FREE DRINK!!!
See you! From Lucille, your host.

Lucille Krasne
212 777 6053