[Tango-A] SA: TangoIntensivo(tm) Feb-March 2007 Update: Last Chance to Register!

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Sun Feb 11 22:09:54 EST 2007

Dear Tango Aficionados,

One of the reasons we (Deb & Brian) organized the TangoIntensivo(tm)
sessions with Luciana Valle was to provide ourselves a way of continually
renewing our own awareness and raising our own skill level in the art of
tango dancing by "returning to the source" ourselves, over and over again.
We're about to start our eleventh trip to Buenos Aires in a few days, to
both organize and participate in our third year of TangoIntensivo(tm)
sessions - to date, a total of 156 hours of intensive workshops in Buenos
Aires.  We'll be back again in May and in October 2007. It is both intensely
exhilarating and deeply humbling to discover anew how much more there is to
learn, at every level, far beyond what we thought we had mastered with such
comfortable certainty.  In our experience, some of the most important
lessons - about profound connection, deeply rooted musicality-made-flesh,
and emotional openness to the richness of the tango encounter - can only
effectively be mastered in repeated opportunities to join in a
heart-to-heart embrace with several truly skilled partners, dancers who are
themselves steeped year-in and year-out in the silent language of tango as
it is spoken at its best in Buenos Aires.

Many of us take a trip or two to Buenos Aires, have strong and memorable
experiences, filter out and forget the lessons we're not yet ready to learn,
and come home full of certainty and confidence, blissfully unaware of the
gaps in our experience, and overflowing with tales to fascinate the even
more inexperienced dancers around us.  That's what I did, six years ago,
after my first few trips.  But...somewhere around our fourth or fifth trip
to BsAs, it really came home to us: Argentine tango dancing is an incredibly
complex and many-faceted jewel, far more so than we first thought, which
doesn't give up its deep secrets easily to the casual or occasional visitor.
So we set out to create a "Buenos Aires Tango Program" that WE would want to
do, over and over again - and here it is.

Over the years, as we've widened and deepened our relationships with our
circle of Argentine partners, it's become clear to us that tango itself is
changing and growing, rendering many old ideas and myths progressively less
relevant with the passing of time. Preserving the best of the old myths and
welcoming the best of the new myths is an art in itself.  As full-time
dancers and teachers, we delight in lending our shoulders to the
intercontinental wheel of "La Vida Tango", working with our cherished
Argentine colleagues in this never-ending cultural quest.

The core of the experience we offer is to discover FOR YOURSELF what it is
to dance your tango, for hours and hours, twenty-five hours in six days,
with multiple leaders and followers on our staff who draw from you your
best, consistently working with you on your own tango frontiers, under the
warmly supportive guidance and supervision of a brilliant maestra of the art
of teaching tango.  Entering into the arms of these open-hearted dancers,
over and over again, you discover for yourself the deeply intimate magic of
the Argentine tango embrace.

But you don't need to believe US...read the testimonials on our website of
our TangoIntensivo(tm) repeat customers, then come with us and discover
(again) for yourself what tango can be!

== PROGRAM STATUS UPDATES ==
The TangoIntensivo(tm) sessions in February/March are nearing their final
preparations, and some of you are already on your way to Buenos Aires.

We are no longer accepting registrations for the TangoIntensivo(tm) Session
I (February 19-24).

It IS still possible to register for the Session II (February 26-March 3),
although to be able to assure you a partner, we will need to hear from you
before Sunday, February 18.  Some of you are already in Buenos Aires, and
have expressed strong interest, but have been unable to confirm your
schedules until your arrival. Please contact us as soon as your plans become
clear!! As long as we can reach an understanding of your plans by Sunday
February 18th, it should be possible to pay in full onsite on the first day
of class, February 26th. If you are paying in Argentine pesos, the exchange
rate will be calculated as of the first day of class.

CAN I TAKE SESSION II IF I HAVEN'T TAKEN SESSION I?
Apparently some confusion still exists about the relative level of Intensivo
I and II.  These two programs are taught AT THE SAME LEVEL, so THEY CAN BE
TAKEN IN ANY ORDER.  YOU CAN TAKE SESSION II WITHOUT TAKING SESSION I.
These programs are aimed at those who are comfortable with the basics, but
who want to take their tango to the next level through an intensive program
with a brilliant teacher and a talented dedicated staff of dancers to
partner you.

WHAT IF I CAN'T ATTEND THE WHOLE SESSION?
If space allows, it may be possible to take just the first half of the
program (Feb 26-28), but we will need to know ASAP from you if you are
interested in order to make proper staffing arrangements.  Because the
material is sequential within a session, you will not be able to take just
the second half of the program (March 1-3).  Under no circumstances will you
be able to drop-in unannounced and take the program, whole or in part,
unless you are a couple who agree to dance the entire time together.  Even
if you attend in this way as a couple, PLEASE contact us ahead of time, to
avoid the risk of arriving only to discover a full program.

OUR MAESTRA, LUCIANA VALLE
Luciana Valle (www.lucianavalle.com) is justly famous worldwide for her
clear and powerful teaching in a warm and engaging style.  Master of both
leading and following roles, a gorgeous improvisational social dancer and a
peerless technician of the structure and technique of the dance, the
intensity and comprehensiveness of her tango mastery is the cornerstone of
these programs.  She has taught in cities and festivals around the world,
and is a featured teacher at this year's CITA Tango Congress in Buenos
Aires.  Luciana handpicks the partners you'll dance with, our
TangoIntensivo(tm) Assistants, from among her students in Buenos Aires.

A WELL-EARNED REPUTATION FOR QUALITY
Our students not only enjoy themselves and the challenges we present them,
but they keep coming back - and bringing their friends!  At the start of our
third year, we've had six programs already, and some people have returned
for second, third or even FOURTH helpings at the "TangoIntensivo Buffet!"

ENJOY THE MUPTIPLE TANGO DELIGHTS OF THE BUENOS AIRES TANGO FESTIVAL!
As in past years, your time spent with us during the day is enhanced by the
incredible range of evening and nighttime tango cultural events put on by
the City of Buenos Aires in its annual Tango Festival, now in its ninth
year.

DATES:
Intensivo I: REGISTRATION CLOSED
Intensivo II: February 26-March 3, 2007

DURATION
Each program is 25 hours long: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are 5
hours each. Wednesday and Saturday are half days of 2.5 hours each.  On a
regular day, we start around 11 and finish around 5:30 or 6pm, including a
break for lunch and an afternoon breather.

COST
The programs are US$650 per person.  Airfare, meals and lodging are extra,
but we have extensive experience on what has worked for our customers in the
past.  Credit card payment available on our website.  After you register,
we're happy to provide you with the benefits of our experience.

CLASS SIZE STRICTLY LIMITED
To insure that you're given the best chance to improve rapidly, and that you
get the most benefit from dancing with our talented staff, we've strictly
limited the size of each session to a maximum of 20 students, first come
first served.  We also reserve the right to deny registration, or to
terminate participation with possible partial refund, at our discretion.

Don’t miss this opportunity for world-class tango teaching – high quality
tango partners – all while sharing the sights, sounds and feelings of the
home of tango during the Buenos Aires Tango Festival with a great group of
dancers!

Please contact us if we can answer any questions - we look forward to
hearing from you ASAP!

Abrazos,

Brian Dunn and Deborah Sclar (and Luciana, claro!) Dance of the Heart
775 Pleasant Street
Boulder Colorado 80302 USA
303-938-0716
www.danceoftheheart.com
“Building a better world, one tango at a time”