[Tango-A] NA:E, NA:C: BOSTON TANGO POTPORRUI, March 23-25, Boston-MA

Eray (Bailatango-Boston) eray at bailatango.com
Sat Feb 10 18:26:42 EST 2007

Mark your calendars for another great festival in Boston, MA!

BOSTON TANGO POTPOURRI
March 23-24-25 2007
www.bailatango.com/boston

Instructors:
Somer & Agape from Chicago
Bulent & Marika from Montreal
Jak & Mariela from NY
Murat & Michelle from DC/NY

DJs:
Jackie Wong of TangoPulse, www.tangopulse.net
Eray Yuksek

Workshops:
5 Intensive Intermediate and Advance workshops
4 Intensive Beginner workshops

Milongas:
Friday, "Bailatango Milonga" with Opening performances by the instructors,
DJ Eray Yuksek, 9:00pm-1:30am (2:00am?)
Saturday, "Boston Tango Potpourri Milonga" with Performances, DJ Jackie
Wong, 9:00pm-2:00am

Vendor:
Felina Tango Shoes!

SCHEDULE

FRIDAY, March 23
----------------------
7:15pm-8:45pm   Int/Adv Workshop by Somer & Agape
- Combinations with sacadas and boleos

9:00pm-1:30am (2:00am?) Milonga 1 (Opening Milonga)
"Bailatango Milonga" at Filarmonica Santo Antonio
- DJ Eray Yuksek
- SHOWS by the instructors
- Felina Tango Shoes
- Refreshments, cash bar, raffle

SATURDAY, March 24
---------------------------
12:00pm-1:30pm    Beginner Workshop by Murat & Michelle
- Walk, paralel and cross systems, basic step
12:00pm-1:30pm   Int/Adv Workshop by Jak & Mariela
- His & her sacadas

1:45pm-3:15pm   Beginner Workshop  by Somer & Agape
- Back/front crosses, back/front ochos
1:45pm-3:15pm   Int/Adv Workshop by Bulent & Marika
- Combinations with ganchos & boleos

3:30pm-5:00pm   Beginner Workshop by Jak & Mariela
- Sandwiches
3:30pm-5:00pm   Int/Adv Workshop by Murat & Michelle
- Dancing the winding road: Directional munipilation for leaders,
challanging walk for followers.

9:00pm-2:00am Milonga 2
"Boston Tango Potpourri Milonga" - Location TBA
- Guest DJ, Jackie Wong of Tangopulse, www.tangopulse.net
- SHOWS by the instructors
- Felina Tango Shoes
- Refreshments, raffle

SUNDAY, March 25
----------------------
1:00pm-2:30pm Beginner workshop by Bulent & Marika
- Musicality, small combinations by using first three workshop's topics
1:00pm-2:30pm Adv Workshop  - "Strictly advanced!", by Somer & Agape
- Tomadas & Pasadas
*This class is only for advanced dancers. Partner change will be encouraged
but not enforced. We recommend registering with a partner. If you can't find
one, we will try to match you with somebody else who doesn't have a partner.

PRIVATE LESSONS
-------------------------------
All instructors will be available for privates on Saturday and Sunday.
Please contact us via phone or e-mail to arrange privates.

PRICING & REGISTRATION:
---------------------------------------
Discount policy:
* Since MIT Tango Club is one of the sponsors of this event, MIT students
get special discounts. Please contact us if you are an MIT student.
* 30% student discount (Non-MIT) for workshops and milongas. (50% for group
of 6 or more students! Build your group and contact us!)
* Tango Society of Boston members get 10% discount.
* Only the highest discount applies.
* Prices below are before the discounts.

***Pricing BEFORE March 18th 2007***

Only Milongas
. Friday Milonga: $20, Saturday Milonga: $22

*Beginner intensive* workshops
. All Saturday workshops $55, Sunday workshop: $20, All 4 workshops: $70
(drop-ins are not accepted for beginner classes!)
. Complete package: $105 (4 workshops & 2 Milongas)

*Intermediate/Advanced* workshops
. Each workshop: $20,  Any 3 workshops: $55
. Complete package: $110 (4 workshops & 2 Milongas)

***Pricing AFTER March 18th 2007***

Only Milongas
. Friday Milonga: $20, Saturday Milonga: $22

*Beginner intensive* workshops
. All Saturday workshops $70, Sunday workshop: $25, All 4 workshops: $85
(drop-ins are not accepted for beginner classes!)
. Complete package: $120 (4 workshops & 2 Milongas)

*Intermediate/Advanced* workshops
. Each workshop: $25,  Any 3 workshops: $70
. Complete package: $130 (4 workshops & 2 Milongas)

Registration by mail started!
**Please don't forget to write the workshops/milongas that you are
registering for on the check.
Please make your checks payable to: "Jak Karako" & send them to:
c/o Eray Yuksek
135 Inman St. Apt: 6, Cambridge, MA 02139

- ONLINE registration by Credit Card via Paypal will be available soon!

PLACE AND DIRECTIONS:
- Friday Workshop & Friday Milonga will be held at: Filarmonica Santo
Antonio,
575 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA

Directions to Filarmonica Santo Antonio:

>From Boston: Take Rt 2A West (Massachusetts Ave) to Central Square. Take a
right onto Prospect Street. Take a right onto Cambridge Street at the light.
Find 575 Cambridge Street on the left hand side. (approximately 0.6 miles)

By subway: Take the Green Line to Lechmere Station. Walk on Cambridge St
towards Cambridge (not Boston). Keep going straight until 575 Cambridge
Street. Approximate time: 10 min.

Parking: Street parking is available on Cambridge street and surrounding
streets. Also there is a free small municipal parking lot on Warren Street
which is one block away from Filarmonica.

- Saturday & Sunday Workshops will be held at: MIT Building 36, Room 112 &
Room 156(?) , 50 Vassar St., Cambridge, MA

Directions to MIT:

>From Boston: Take Rt 2A West (Massachusetts Ave) towards Central Square.
Before coming to Central Sq, take a right onto Vassar Street. Drive till the
middle of the Vassar Street.

By subway: Take the Red Line to Central Square Station. Walk on
Massachusetts Avenue towards MIT. (towards Boston). Turn left onto Vassar
Street. Approximate time: Less than 10 min.

Parking: Metered street parking is available on Vassar street and
surrounding streets. Also there is a free parking lot on the corner of
Vassar Street and Massachusetts Avenue where the Bank of America ATM is.

- Saturday Milonga will be held at: TBA

For more information:
www.bailatango.com/boston
eray at bailatango.com
617-792-4533

Eray & Martina Yuksek
Bailatango-Boston
Argentine Tango Performance & Instruction
www.bailatango.com/boston