[Tango-A] NA-E:OMAR VEGA IN ALBANY /WOODSTOCK

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 01:26:20 EST 2007

Hola regional tango friends!
As many of you know, starting this Friday, December 7th,  I will be
organizing and hosting the monthly Albany milonga, in addition to our
regular Woodstock classes and milonga.  Both Cher & Pete and Dario &
Claire asked me to do this and I am raring to go and excited about
bringing you the very best milonga in the tradition of our Woodstock
Tango events, running successfully for nearly four years now.

And, in the spirit of 'Woodstock', we're calling it the Paz y Amor
Milonga, symbolizing the ongoing unity and friendship between the Albany
and Woodstock communities!  We'll start at the Nia Yoga center this
Friday, and we'll celebrate the New Year with the January milonga to be
held at the larger Ukranian American Assocaition in Cohoes.

As in Woodstock, my goal is always to bring you a fun, satisfying social
dance experience with good friends, good dancers from across the region,
good food and great music. The main difference from what has gone before
is that I will be bringing in more teachers for pre-milonga classes,
followed by Saturday afternoon workshops in either Albany or Woodstock.
I am particularly happy to start off with our very special guest
instructor Omar Vega...El Rey de Milonga! <details below>

So, hope to see you this Friday & Saturday
besos,
Ilene
************************************

Woodstock Tango presents....
OMAR VEGA
'EL REY DE MILONGA'
IN ALBANY & WOODSTOCK THIS WEEKEND... !

FRIDAY NIGHT, Dec. 7th, ALBANY :
First Friday PAZ Y AMOR MILONGA & CLASS @Nia Yoga Center, 8p-1am.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, Dec. 8th, WOODSTOCK:
WORKSHOPS @Mountain View Studio, 3p-6:30p.

***Special FULL PACKAGE DISCOUNT for attending BOTH EVENTS - the Albany
milonga & class, AND the two workshops in Woodstock on Saturday.... ONLY
$60 pp  with advance registration until Thursday 5pm.!!!!!!!
Email or call 246-1122 to reserve your place!!

FRIDAY DETAILS:  NIA YOGA CENTER
8-9p: Milonga Traspie Class with 'El Rey de Milonga'..CLASS SIZE
LIMITED, REGISTER NOW!
9p- 1a: PAZ Y AMOR MILONGA ! (includes Buffet & Wine, Demo, Door Prizes)
DJ Ilene de Woodstock playing outstanding classics, plus salsa, swing &
nuevo breaks.

SATURDAY DETAILS: Afternoon Workshops - MOUNTAIN VIEW STUDIO
3p-4:30p: Tango & Milonga Essentials - All Levels: .Rhythmic moves for
the crowded dance floor, smooth, fluid turns, connection, musicality.
Concentration on correct footwork as the foundation of traspie, the
small, rhythmic syncopated steps that are the hallmark of milonga.
Also, traspie that works for both tango and milonga.
4:45-6:15p: Intermediate Workshop - Milonga con Traspie, Omar's Way -
Omar is recognized as one of the world's most imminent maestro's of
traspie. These workshops will inspire and enable a lifetime of  new
possibilities in your dance.

REGISTRATION: Discounts for pre-registration!
FRIDAY-
One hour  class with Omar plus Friday milonga - $20;  $15 students with ID
$10 Friday class only...special intro rate!!
$15 Friday milonga only.  $10 students with ID

SATURDAY AFTERNOON-  Two 1 1/2 hour workshops.
$30 per workshop, at the door, 2 wkshops @ $55
$25 per workshop in advance, 2 workshops @ $45

ADD $15 TO INCLUDE ALBANY CLASS & MILONGA

WOODSTOCK TANGO Members- discount for Saturday workshops...
$20 per SATURDAY workshop per person.
2 workshops @ $ 40,
TOTAL PACKAGE for WOODSTOCK TANGO MEMBERS-
FRIDAY CLASS, MILONGA, 2 SATURDAY WORKSHOPS - $50.

call for email iIene to reserve your place with the discounted advance rate.

MILONGA AND TANGO TRASPIE
OMAR VEGA, teacher of teachers in milonga traspie, is back in New York
after touring Europe and South America. Under his new banner,
TangoVital, (tango vee-tal), he kicks off a special Woodstock class
offerings with this multi-level class, which includes exercises in
traditional tango technique to help you dance elegantly and naturally,
and gain the musicality needed for the rhythmic variation of traspie.
One of the strongest creative forces in the resurgence of tango over the
past 15 years, Omar is known as an exemplary salon dancer who creates
all of his unique and innovative ideas on the social dance floor,
remaining "true" to the essence of social dance. He appeared in the
seminal tango film "The Tango Lesson", dancing with director Sally
Potter, and is known as a charismatic and generous teacher.

Omar is one of the new generation of dancers, but his style reflects
that of the classic milongueros of Buenos Aires.  Omar considers his
tango to be based in "natural, sensual movement."  He is internationally
famous for his extremely rhythmic style of dancing milonga.
Class size limited, register now.
I look forward to seeing you!
saludos,
Ilene