[Tango-A] [TangoAL] Tango ... and who we grow to become ...

Duende de Tango duendedetango at mac.com
Sun Apr 22 21:10:36 EDT 2007

>From my experience the Tango is many things to
many people. This is just one similarity from my
backgrowd in the martial arts over forty-five
years. Some of the words below (for me) seem to
apply to Tango and many other activities of
people trying to do their best.

A man or woman of Karate
©2007 Don Zarlengo, April 22, 2007, all rights reserved worldwide.

I man of karate stands as an oak
Moves as the bamboo and tall grasses
Is courtesy, humble, alert and patient.

A man of karate stands with the wind
Shines as the sun
Gives all of themselves to all

A man of karate stands to respond
with great compassion,
without anger, jealousy, greed.

A man of karate is not born
They are grown by careful steps of their teacher
And their experiences reflect their peaceful thoughts.

A man of karate does not have fear
For he/she considers all life dear
They are the roots of their students.

Their roots grow deep
As their profound heart, mind and soul
Takes their peaceful position within

A man of karate is not a goal
He/she is a path toward such perfection
A gift for all of us to behold.

--
Costa rica

©2004, por Duende de Tango, viviendo en el paraíso,
todos de los derechos reservados del mundo

Rich coast,
of flowers and dreams,
dancing nights,
and candle lights.