[Tango-A] NA-C: Urbana IL: Apr 27-28: Robert Hauk Mini Milonguero Tango Weekend (Expanded)

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:18:09 EDT 2007

The Tango Society of Central Illinois is pleased to announce that
details for Robert Hauk's April 27-28 visit to Urbana IL are available
at:

http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/RobertHaukWorkshopApr07.htm

Registration forms are downloadable from the web page.

We have expanded our original schedule of Saturday April 28 afternoon
and evening workshops + Saturday evening milonga to include a Friday
April 27 evening workshop and milonga. Robert's workshops for this
visit are designed for dancers at the intermediate and advanced level
in the milonguero style tango. The milongas are designed to get you
dancing to classic tango music with skilled partners in the milonguero
style.

As most of you already know, Robert Hauk is one of the most highly
regarded instructors of tango milonguero in the US, which is why he is
regularly invited to teach at close embrace tango festivals and at
tango weekends in numerous cities in the US. Dancers come away from
Robert's workshops with significantly improved tango skills. We feel
fortunate to have Robert return for his 4th visit to Urbana.

Discounts are available for a mini-weekend pass ($50 for out-of-town
guests > 100 mi. travel, $40 for students traveling > 100 mi.) [That's
for 6 hrs of workshops + 2 milongas]. Advance registration (by Wed Apr
25) is required for discounts and recommended in general in case we
need to limit registration because of a gender imbalance.

Robert will be available for private lessons on Saturday morning and
all day on Sunday.

All events will be held at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W
Stoughton, Urbana, IL. Our modern facility has a hardwood floor, great
sound system, and a pleasant ambience for dancing and learning.
Out-of-town guests to our tango weekends repeatedly express
appreciation for the quality and comfort of our tango event center, as
well as for the friendliness of our local dancers. A tango visit to
Urbana is also relatively low cost (hotels & restaurants) and hassle
free (low traffic volume and driving distances within town, ample free
and low cost parking).

We look forward to welcoming you to Urbana (for many of you -
welcoming you back) for a great weekend of tango milonguero classes
and milongas.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL