[Tango-A] NA-C, NA-W, NA-E, SA: 2007 Chicago Mini Tango Festival update

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 18:53:07 EDT 2007

2007 Chicago Mini Tango Festival update

   We  have less than two weeks before the start of the 2007 Chicago Mini  Tango Festival starts.  People continue to register from all over;  including people who recently registered from Toronto,  New  York,  Memphis, and New Orleans. In light of the increase demand  we have added two additional classes to our Saturday roster of classes.  One class will be "Figures-Milonga Lisa"  taught by Oscar and Mary  Ann Casas.  The other class "Infrequent Ochos" will be   taught by Maximiliano Gluzman and Milva Bernardi.  For more  information go to  http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php .

  We  still also have a very limited number of openings in the master classes  taught by the Tete and Silvia for those individuals who register for a  festival class pass.   (http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Masterclass.php ) We  are striving to achieve gender balance in the classes and we are  getting close to our limits, so please register asap for the  festival. There will not be any individual workshop passes  sold at the festival. ln addition, there are no more Saturday day  passes available.  We will, however, keep open until  thursday, April 11, the opportunity to purchase a milonga  pass.

  It gives us great delight to also announce that we will have live music at the Friday night milonga.  ALMA DE TANGO directed by Gerardo Perez will be performing at the Friday evening milonga.

  Kathleen Ahearn, The Tango Diva (www.diva-boutique.com),   will bring to the festival her huge collection of the fabulous  Comme il Faut tango shoes, along with other designers, low-heel shoes,  practise shoes, dance sneakers and men's shoes! She will also bring her  collection of original creations from Mona X Tango, limited-edition  designs of
Lorena Ermocida, Buenos Aires clubwear, jewelry, t-shirts and much
more!

   We  also will be having at the festival Pat Pitula of Chicago selling Tango  Art and wine labels.  We will also have Genevieve Davis of Lady of  the Lake Studio from the wilds of Wisconsin. Genevieve will be selling  handmade gold, silver and gemstone jewelry that she designs..   Kelly Custer of Iowa and Chicago will  be at the festival giving  massages so you can make it through the entire festival. Finally,  Jill Marie Whitmore of Milwaukee will be doing tarot card reading.

   When you register for the festival (http://chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php  ) please make sure to indicate your level of dance (beginner,  intermediate, advanced) and also indicate which workshops you intend to  attend.  For those who have already registered, please let us know  if they would like to switch and take the new classes added to the  schedule.  This will greatly help us with our planning.

  Most of the teachers will be  giving privates before, during, and after the festival.  If you  are interested in booking a private please let us know as soon as  possible by emailing lessons at chicagotangofestival.com .

  We  are also planning some pre and post festival classes. We will have  pre-festival classes the Thursday before the festival with Oscar and  Mary Ann Casas, and with Maxi Gluzman an Milva Bernardi.   We  are also planning on having weekly classes in Chicago on Wednesday  and Thursdays through the end of May with Tete and Silvia.

  If  there are individuals in the Chicagoland area who are willing to house  an out of town guest please let us know by emailing us at  lodging at chicagotangofestival.com . Don't forget to tell your  non tango friends of the free tango beginner classes on Friday and  Saturday.

  We have made  special arrangements with American Airlines for discounted airtravel to  Chicago. To obtain the discount for either domestic or international  travel to Chicago between April 13 and May 13, call the American  Airlines Meeting Services Desk at 1-800-433-1790 and refer to  Autorization Number A9947AV under the group name Chicago Tango  Festival.  For Special Car Rental Discounts with  Avis, call 1-800-228-43331-1600 and reference a new reference number:  Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number D757308; or go to the following  link http://tinyurl.com/ypjatw  to register online. Aviswill provide discounts from 5 to 25%.

  For  more information on the Chicago Mini Tango Festival go to  www.chicagotangofestival.com or  contact Ray Barbosa at   info at chicagotangofestival.com or at 708-955-6040.

  We look forward to seeing you in Chicago in April 2007.

  Ray Barbosa and Marco Mambelli

  P.S.  We have a number of interesting articles (navigation, etiquette,  cabeceo, etc.) on the website that will be helpful to  read,  prior to the festival : http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Links.php

  "Tango  can be danced in a thousand different ways, but lets step on the ground  first,because that is where the energy comes from. Therefore this is  where we ought to dance to the music. Without the music there is no  dance, no tango, no teacher, no student. A true teacher can only  transmit the teaching the music has left him"  Tete (Pedro Rusconi)