[Tango-A] NA-E, NA-C: Urgent ... Advanced Lead Partner needed for Baltimore Tango Fest, Sept. 15-17, 2006

PJ Grant windycitytango at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 13:24:16 EDT 2006

The Baltimore Tango Fest - Sept, 15-17, 2006 - promises to be an incredible event featuring Mariano "Chicho" Frumboli, Mariana Montes and Sebastian Arce. Altho' my partner's health is improving, he is not yet well enough to participate. We registered under the early bird discount program as a couple for the Advanced track packge. The web site is at http://www.baltimoretango.com/.

Per Anne Sophie, the ADVANCED track is for the most advanced dancers and will be a Master level and not the usual advanced classes we have during workshop. Many high level dancers, and teachers have registered for these classes. The instructors will teach for those dancers and will not lower the level of the class for those who are not proficient enough with the movements taught. Please be honest with your level of dancing. Advanced means at least 4 years of dancing, being very familiar with the Nuevo Tango ideas and concepts, having studied with those teachers before (more than just one class), being a teachers etc. The classes will not cover the technique but will work on advanced concepts.
If you are registering for the advanced level, I will confirm your level via email if I do not know you. I might ask for references or more information... do not take it personally! I just want to make sure that we will keep a real advanced level. I will also ask the teachers to keep the level.

Please contact me if you are interested in partnering with me for the workshops at this festival - Phoebe J. Grant (773) 260-2595 / WindyCityTango at yahoo.com.