[Tango-A] NA-C: Trip to Greece and Tukey

Ray Hogan rayhogan at wowway.com
Thu Sep 7 20:37:08 EDT 2006

Join the Motor City Milongueros on a tango trip to Greece and Turkey next year.  We will depart on Friday, May 18th and arrive in Athens on May 19th.   We will spend the night in a bed and breakfast in Athens.  On the 20th we will travel to Santorini Island and participate in a tango workshop with Agustina Videla and Claudio Asprea.   We will spend seven nights in a beautiful hotel taking lessons every day and dancing in the milongas  You will have lots of time to enjoy this dream, blue Island.  Upon leaving Santorini Island on May 27th we will spend two more nights in Athens.  We are then planning to continue this fantastic experience by traveling on to Istanbul.  We do not have complete details on this trip as yet.  Returning to the US on May 29th is optional.

Claudio and Agustina already have 15 people registered for Greece and many of them are also interested in the trip to Istanbul.  They have asked the hotel in Santorini to hold a block of rooms for us.  We will need to confirm the rooms as soon as possible.  May is a popular month for tourism in Santorini.  We will need a non-refundable deposit of $150 USD by Tuesday, September 19th.  Please send a check made out to Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit and send to the address below.

The world famous island of Santorini is the southern most island of the Cycladic group in the Aegean Sea, and is located 63 nautical miles north of Crete.   Santorini can be reached from most international airports via Athens.  The warm and dry season in Santorini is from April through October.  During this season the weather is usually stable, the sky is clear, the sun is bright and there is generally no rainfall.  Great poets have sung its praises, a 4.000 year old history. And the eternal rock continues to stand, strong and majestic, rising proudly from the sea and guarding well the secrets of Atlantis.

The trip is open to singles or couples.  Claudio and Agustina will make every effort to maintain a gender balance for the week.  Two singles (men or women) per class are accepted.
If you register as a single you will not have an assigned partner.  The singles will rotate partners during the class. The couples who desire to rotate partners are welcome to do it but is not required.

The hotel is set amongst the green vineyards of a peaceful village, only a short distance from the volcanic beaches, Red beach with its unique vertical cliffs and White beach, which can be reached only by boat.   The hotel is a traditionally Cycladic family run hotel.  All the rooms are equipped with satellite television, direct-dial phones and dial-up Internet connections.  Other amenities include climate control, minibars, hair dryers, and wake-up calls.  In room massage is available upon request.  The hotel has two pools, one of which has a jacuzzi and a poolside  bar.  Fitness equipment is available in the gym.  Multilingual staff can offer currency exchange and tour assistance and there is a safe deposit box for guests.  The hotel gift shop specializes in local jewelry.  The restaurant features homemade Greek cuisine with specialties like moussaka, stuffed tomatoes and lobster.  Santorini wine and traditional ice creams and cakes are also served.  The Pool Bar, with live Greek music and dancing, offers snacks and food from the barbecue as well as fresh juices, cocktails and coffees.

The estimated package price for the 10 day trip to Greece package is $2,830 USD
 The package  includes.
-  Round trip flight Detroit Metro/Athens/Santorini (Departure from other US cities optional, but costs may vary)
-  Transfers from airports to hotels
-  Seven nights lodging in hotel in Santorini with breakfast and dinner
-  Three nights in Athens in a bed and breakfast
-  Ten hours of intensive workshop with Claudio and Agustina
-  Six hours of practicas/milongas

Amy and Ray
Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit
PO Box 2231